Talk About Marriage banner
81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
So major update. Last night I was talking to a guy friend of mine and he made a super good point. He said that I come off like a flake a lot of the time in the guy probably doesn’t think I am interested in him. I realize that I am always late to every date we’ve been on always last minute am moving plans. So I decided to reach out to him last night and I basically jokingly mentioned how maybe we could get together this weekend and that I promised I would be on time and that I am now working on my time management. He replied super friendly and said that he definitely will keep me in the loop and that this week has just been super busy with work but that he will let me know what his weekend plans are I feel glad that I reached out and kind of cleared the air hopefully he actually does want to see me this weekend.

·
Registered
485 Posts
So major update. Last night I was talking to a guy friend of mine and he made a super good point. He said that I come off like a flake a lot of the time in the guy probably doesn’t think I am interested in him. I realize that I am always late to every date we’ve been on always last minute am moving plans. So I decided to reach out to him last night and I basically jokingly mentioned how maybe we could get together this weekend and that I promised I would be on time and that I am now working on my time management. He replied super friendly and said that he definitely will keep me in the loop and that this week has just been super busy with work but that he will let me know what his weekend plans are I feel glad that I reached out and kind of cleared the air hopefully he actually does want to see me this weekend.
🤦

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Communication is good. Freaking out is bad.
FYI.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
I’m glad you decided to communicate since it’s obvious you like him. I find the direct approach has always worked for me. No mind reading, no games.

However I’d be remiss if I didn’t point out he actually hasn’t made plans with you and in guy or passive aggressive speak said

Yeah you’re a good plan B if something I want doesn’t shake out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
He isn't interessted anymore. 'He just isn't into you' I am afraid. If a guy likes you, he'll always find some time to show his interesst. And if you ask him out, he'll imidiately arrange a fixed date

He isn't comcerned you might change your mind. Why? Because he doesn't care...
It's not a good sign. Don't fight for him. If he doesn't get back to you, drop it.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I’m glad you decided to communicate since it’s obvious you like him. I find the direct approach has always worked for me. No mind reading, no games.

However I’d be remiss if I didn’t point out he actually hasn’t made plans with you and in guy or passive aggressive speak said

Yeah you’re a good plan B if something I want doesn’t shake out.
He isn't interessted anymore. 'He just isn't into you' I am afraid. If a guy likes you, he'll always find some time to show his interesst. And if you ask him out, he'll will immidiately arrange a fixed date

He isn't comcerned you might change your mind. Why? Because he doesn't care...
It's not a good sign. Don't fight for him. If he doesn't fet back to you, drop it.
THEY ARE RIGHT ,

GOOD on you for reaching out , now you know he is not into you and bad if you are very late to every date , just set it a half hour later if you feel you need more time , or forget half the makeup and the first dress is often the best one anyway putting on 12 different outfits will take time , lol but I would pass on this guy ,

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
Okay you’ve taken our advice and reached out, unfortunately I don’t think he’s interested but at least now you know that you gave him a chance.
If he calls you tomorrow and wants to arrange a date for Saturday or Sunday then you should accept. However if he calls you Saturday evening looking to meet up I would tell him you made other plans.
I’ve got a feeling about this guy and I’m pretty sure he’s a plate spinner.
Don’t end up as his last minute booty call.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Ok, so you have been on here and then you have asked your friends-- or at least this guy friend last night. Then you reached out.

Now....move on. You have spent more than enough time trying to figure this out. Don't try to analyze it if he doesnt get back to you ever, and don't try to analyze it if you hear from him again in 3 months. Or if he gets back to you Saturday. Or whenever. Do your own thing and decide if you feel like seeing him if/when the opportunity arises.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
I guess I was told that the reason he may have been distant lately is bc he felt I wasn’t that interested bc I was flakey and late to all our dates…. He may have thought I saw him as a last option

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I guess I was told that the reason he may have been distant lately is bc he felt I wasn’t that interested bc I was flakey and late to all our dates…. He may have thought I saw him as a last option
You needed that insight into yourself & your friend was good to give it to you. You were even better for taking it to heart & agreeing to work on your time management.

However, as somebody pointed out, although the man you fancy was polite & friendly, you two do NOT have a date set up. Depending on how flakey you were in the past, that ship may have sailed because despite your nice insightful words now, based on past actions, he may not believe you.

The ball is now firmly in his court. You have to assume he will not get back to & you need to live your life accordingly. Don't sit around waiting for him & do not pester him. He knows how to reach you if he wants. He may not want to take a chance.

Do take your new insight to heart & be on time more for future dates with others

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Well he did tell me he would let me know what his plans our when the weekend comes around so I can wait and see if he reaches out. Im not waiting around though and I am going to make my own plans

You needed that insight into yourself & your friend was good to give it to you. You were even better for taking it to heart & agreeing to work on your time management.

However, as somebody pointed out, although the man you fancy was polite & friendly, you two do NOT have a date set up. Depending on how flakey you were in the past, that ship may have sailed because despite your nice insightful words now, based on past actions, he may not believe you.

The ball is now firmly in his court. You have to assume he will not get back to & you need to live your life accordingly. Don't sit around waiting for him & do not pester him. He knows how to reach you if he wants. He may not want to take a chance.

Do take your new insight to heart & be on time more for future dates with others

·
Registered
10,093 Posts
Well he did tell me he would let me know what his plans our when the weekend comes around so I can wait and see if he reaches out. Im not waiting around though and I am going to make my own plans
It's almost Friday. Past right now, even if he tries to set up a weekend visit, you should say you're busy this weekend.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
I disagree. He was out of town and he didn’t think I wanted to make plans with him bc I was being flakey and showing up to meet 45 mins late
Hun, I think you gave him a few weeks notice so to speak that you were still interested and would like to spend time with him. He had plenty of time to plan something with you that he let pass by.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
? One days heads up is perfectly fine to me. Especially the longer you’ve known eachother
QUOTE="Ragnar Ragnasson, post: 20590092, member: 337579"]
Not at this stage in a relationship, no way no how.
[/QUOTE]

81 - 100 of 122 Posts