Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To me and most everyday average people prison is a very scary and disgusting place that you would never wanna end up at, and thankfully I have never even been in the back of a police car in my entire life much less jail or prison. But to others it's kind of a way of life for them; and I can remember talking to someone who I grew up with as a kid who did time twice(8 months and then 2.50 years)for drugs and burglary charges, and he basically told me that - "ahhh it's not so bad". He said that it was nice to not have to worry about finding a job or paying taxes or paying any bills, and that he got clean clothes and 3 square meals a day everyday and a semi-comfortable bed to sleep on. This tells me that he will probably go back in again and so I plan on staying as far away from the guy as I can, and I ran into him by accident pretty much while visiting my dad at the same time he was visiting his parents next door.

So I guess if you can overlook being locked up and told what to do and when to do it with no way out, and the smell of fresh pee or fecies in your cell everyday, and the constant fear of being gang raped in various places, and someone beating or stabbing you over a toothbrush or pillow, and showering with a bunch of dudes that are ejaculating and peeing all around you then yeah I agree.........prison ain't so bad afterall. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
people become institutionalised, whether it be prison or mental hospitals or whatever - to those who live chaotic lives it can be very comforting
I'm not sure if you get the CNBC channel over there Dolly but they have a show called "Locked Up", and it goes into some of the nastiest prisons and interviews the inmates and a lot of them say straight up that it's a way of life for them and something they're used to.

·
Banned
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we have a programme called 'America's Toughest Prisons' which is probably similar. One thing you'll notice is the routine...that's what gets people institutionalised. It doesn't surprise me, it makes me sad
To me being a disgusting place like that with a bunch of disgusting people for a year - 5 years - or 25 years, you are more than likely going to come out jaded and all screwed up in the head and will have to overcome all that.

·
Banned
0 Posts
What does institutionalised mean ?

It wasn't really a prison, but there's a place where arrested people go before they are sentenced (not a police station cell, more of a centralized place). I spent three days there because I got caught drinking in Ramadan (thanks to some people, I managed to get out. Average sentence is six month emprisonement.)
The guards weren't as cruel as the ones you'd meet in a prison, but the hygiene conditions were extremely inhuman.
No toilets, so to go to the loo, either you do it near where you sleep if you're alone, or do it near where alone people sleep if you're in a gang.
You get one cover, you chose to either cover yourself or sleep on it.
Food is a brought on a huge bowl and you have to fight your way into nourishment. And usually it's a broth with old pieces of bread in it.
I really thought I was going mad in there.

Prisons in the thirld world are just awful where underpaid and undertrained cops use inmates as anti stress. Rape, senseless beating, torture.
After the uprising, some political prisoners (they were tortured worse than your average serial killer) told horrible stories.
In a torture room there were tools called "please", "I beg of you", "for the love of god". It's usually tools like jemmies, whips, etc.
When the prisoner cries "please". The torturer would go: "Please, it is." And then brings the equivalent tool.
They're just places no one should be put in.

·
Banned
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is why I'm pro death penalty.. I read there's like a 68% return offense rate when it goes to prison and not always for little things. They kill, go to jail for some years, get out and kill again. Rape thing and stuff? Haha, knowledge is power!

Prison rape in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Most people that directly kill someone get life in prison or the death penalty in the state where I live, but it's the rapists - drug dealers - child molesters - and armed robbers that continuously get out and go back in after doing more damage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.