Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there more pressure during baby making sex? You know....the "trying" for a baby time. Is it less erotic? Ive heard guys on here say they felt like all their wife wanted them for was for their sperm.

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
For us the sex was no different. But we were very lucky and were able to conceive fairly quickly with all 3 kids.
I guess for those people who are unfortunately finding it difficult to conceive their responses may be different!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
16,640 Posts
It was all good, but being awoken in the wee hours of the morning when the ovulation indicator had kicked-in, had a little bit to be desired. But she didn't exactly have to throw me out of the bed either!

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Uhhh no? Not for us anyway. We had sex the same intensity as we always have. I can see why SOME men feel that way, tho. Sometimes, SOME women get so caught up in trying to conceive that they ONLY want it around ovulation time. And then, they put specifications on it, etc. So... yea, I can see why some see it as a chore...a burden...or the like. I have heard that in other locations as well, not just here.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Yes, much different. When you are fooling around, doing different things, and the wife has to say "put it in before you finish so it all gets in" Thats a mood killer right there. It takes away the fun, the excitement, and makes it all about that. Takes away from opportunities to have sex twice real close to each other because she wants to save it up and make sure there is enough to make a baby. And similar comments continue.

·
Premium Member
25,033 Posts
Not so much with the first... Second I was recovering from the flu... From the bathroom my wife comes racing out, "get that thing up now, we got to do it..." Being still sick, she had to ride the horse... When it's done she gets off to get in some weird position... "Got to get it all in". Yea, I was sperm donor. Oh joy... We stopped at two.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was all good, but being awoken in the wee hours of the morning when the ovulation indicator had kicked-in, had a little bit to be desired. But she didn't exactly have to throw me out of the bed either!
Does it really have to be that precise?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reactions: DTO

·
Registered
663 Posts
For our second child, it was somewhat different. My wife wasn't getting pregnant right away when we first began trying and she was looking into the 'perfect' ovulating times, so we had to sneak it in when we could at those moments. I had no problem complying, of course.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have 3 kids, yes I knew when I was ovulating but I didn't make a production out of it. I just seduced him. More fun that way.
I will keep this in mind...

Reactions: Ikaika

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Tell that to a woman who thinks she is ovulating ;)
I was taking my temp everyday. I knew. And I never once said a word to my husband about when I was ovulating. We had sex as usual... maybe once more thrown in there lol. And the result was our youngest two kids. First child was an odd story. I got pregnant with him immediately after the bleeding stopped from my miscarriage. But the other two, I knew when I was ovulating. We didn't actively try, otherwise, but we didn't actively prevent either.

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Does it really have to be that precise?
No. Like Mavash said. I used a basal thermometer. It measures to the closest 0.01 degree. That subtle change is what you are looking for. But you have to be consistent if you are doing this. Every morning, same time. Chart it. You will get a pattern. But you keep track everyday. Just act like "business as usual" with hubby so he has no idea that it is "that time" ;)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.