Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone clever with iTunes??
If I have lots of music in my iTunes library on one computer, can I transfer it to my laptop or another computer? This is not all downloaded from the iTunes store.
I have 2 homes and want to transfer music from home 1 to home 2 using my laptop. If I put the music on my iPod, I think I will lose it if I synch it on the laptop??
My husband usually does this for me but he is overseas at the moment.
I am such an oaf when it comes to iPods.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Go to youtube, there are lots of videos to do whatever you can with an IPod.

·
Banned
788 Posts
Last time I looked you're allowed to register up to 5 different computers to your Itunes account, so register your laptop and then synch your music.

Just go slow and read before you click each and every time, because if you mess up you could in fact lose your songs.

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Are you talking about the songs themselves or the playlists? I know I have a bunch of songs on my laptop and am able to transfer those songs back and forth between the laptop and my husband's desktop via our home networking. No clue how to do it via iTunes though.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I got a new laptop last year, and moved my account from my old PC to the laptop. One thing I did NOT KNOW - was that it transferred all of my purchased music, but did NOT transfer music that I had burned from CDs over the years. So, from what I can tell is if you bought music from itunes, it'll be there. Anything else, won't!

Lost a ton of stuff. :(

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most of the songs/albums have been copied from CD to the computer music library, then imported to the iTunes library so that i can load them onto my iPod.
I would like to have the music on my laptop in my second home overseas but I'm not too sure if they can be transferred via the iPod. I have a feeling that I will lose it all if I plug the iPod into the laptop.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SSL - that is what I feared.

Looks like I will have to put them from computer to external hard drive, then copy onto laptop.
I was hoping there would be a faster way.

·
Registered
149 Posts
There's GOTTA be a better way, though, you'd think. I don't know, I just know I will never get back all of the stuff I lost. Wish I would've done my research! :(

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Mediamonkey. It will hold all your itunes and windows media files and make them transferable between both. Works for me anyway.

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
Mediamonkey. It will hold all your itunes and windows media files and make them transferable between both. Works for me anyway.
I HATE iTunes.

If you truly have a lot of music, Mediamonkey is the way to go.

You may have to pay for the "gold" product in order to transfer to and from your iPod (?Joe?) - but it is so much easier to use.

·
Premium Member
26,477 Posts
Last time I looked you're allowed to register up to 5 different computers to your Itunes account, so register your laptop and then synch your music.

Just go slow and read before you click each and every time, because if you mess up you could in fact lose your songs.
this right here... so if you go to the "store menu" it is called authorized. When you plan to sell a computer make sure you deauthorize that computer so you can authorize any new computers.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I HATE iTunes.

You may have to pay for the "gold" product in order to transfer to and from your iPod (?Joe?) - but it is so much easier to use.
I was actually able to load my daughters ipod with the free version. It was a Christmas present and of course the ipod didn't want to play well with windows media. LOL Used mediamonkey and Christmas was saved! :rofl:

·
Premium Member
26,477 Posts
I HATE iTunes.

I love iTunes... Bought my original stock holdings in Apple at $120/share (back in the day)... Today $661/share... Thank you Mr. Jobs wherever you now reside (rip)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.