Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an IT guy for over 20 years. Not a fan of Apple, so yes, I am biased. Had my Android phone for 2 years. Got the iPhone5 yesterday. Had to, since lots of people at work are getting them and I have to be able to support them.

So here is what I've noticed so far.
- Still looking for the wow factor
- Can't tap & hold on an email to get options to reply, forward, delete, etc. I have to open the message to get there.
- If you swype to the right on a message in the list, you do get the option to delete there
- Text messages don't always show the date/time sent. Some do, some don't????
- Forgot my charger at the office. Stopped at 3 stores last night, nobody has them. Looked on-line and learned Apple has placed a special authentication chip in the charging cable to make it more difficult for 3rd parties to copy and sell cheaper. Guess it's a trip to the Apple store or to the office.
- I really miss my back button. Perhaps this is a good thing. Apple telling me I should let the past be the past. Always look forward, never go back. The "iChing" of the iPhone.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Since you are a tech guy I have a question. I do not have a iphone. I have several friends who do. There have been times, I have sent texts to them just for them to say they never got it. Now on my end it says it was sent. I talked to a person at our cell company who said it must be on the receiving end and not my end if they are not getting the texts. It does not happen all the time but more so than not. Personally, I couldn't see paying for a phone that I didn't get my texts/messages from often. In your opinion why do you feel these iphone are not receiving texts at times? I have other friends who do NOT have iphones and they receive theirs.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know just in the 1 day I've had it my W has sent me texts that says on her phone it didn't go through, so she resends them and then I get both. This has happened several times already. 2 years with an Android and we never had that happen. She is on ATT, I'm on Verizon. The ONLY thing that has changed is that I now have an iPhone. I'm not a big believer in coincidence.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I understand there are times when all people have maybe not received a text from someone regardless of the kind of phone they have, but for some reason with the iphones it seems to be more of an issue.

·
Registered
6,873 Posts
Since you are a tech guy I have a question. I do not have a iphone. I have several friends who do. There have been times, I have sent texts to them just for them to say they never got it. Now on my end it says it was sent. I talked to a person at our cell company who said it must be on the receiving end and not my end if they are not getting the texts. It does not happen all the time but more so than not. Personally, I couldn't see paying for a phone that I didn't get my texts/messages from often. In your opinion why do you feel these iphone are not receiving texts at times? I have other friends who do NOT have iphones and they receive theirs.
I have an android, my brother has an iphone (4) and I can't receive his texts - he gets mine but his replies won't come through - we are on different carriers both of which are saying the blame is on the other, so we have no way to have SMS conversations. I have other friends with same iphone on the same network as my brother and have never had a problem with any of their texts (that I know of), and conversely my brother has many friends with android phones on my network and has had no problem with any of their texts either. So him and I just voice call or use What's App or facebook messenger if we ever need to communicate.

·
Registered
6,873 Posts
What's App also works good ;) (besides it's only one person of everyone I would ever text that I need to use it for)

·
Banned
4,757 Posts
OP, okay you and I are the same guy. IT for 20 years, had a droid for the past two. I'm up for my new every two from Verizon and you just helped me decide to go with the Razor Max rather than the iPhone. I have an iPad, love it. Don't love the battery drain I am hearing about from my iPhone users.

Sticking with the droid.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Razor Max is nice, Galaxy SIII too. The Razor M doesn't have a user replaceable battery - oh yea, that's one more thing I don't like about the iPhone.

·
Banned
4,757 Posts
Does the g3 have mobile hotspot capabilities? I kinda need that.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.