Talk About Marriage banner

161 - 169 of 169 Posts

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
A person simply can't be happy all of the time. If they can, I don't know how. I was happy all weekend. Didn't even think about it. But today it feels like a giant piece of me is missing. It's crushing.
Read "12 Rules for Life" or listen to the audio book...It will help you get on the right track.
Happiness should never be your goal. It should be meaning. Meaning brings happiness.
Happiness is always a byproduct of meaning.

Although...I do agree, a relationship without orgasm would be pointless to me too, unless she want's to be my sister.

I listened to a lot of his discussions on the 12 Rules for life today, which led me to listening to some of his other TED talks.. Most recently, the speach I just listened to stated in summary, "Every man is responsible for the things that happen to him. There is never anyone else to blame."

Which leads me back to the end of the relationship and cheating was my fault? Is there another way I should take this.

·
Registered
39,727 Posts
Yeah. It's that you're responsible for your half of your relationship. meaning it's up to you to educate yourself on how to keep a marriage healthy and make sure you aren't contributing to its demise. And also it's up to you to call bullsh*t when you see it on your wife's half. In other words, do your part and ensure your spouse is doing hers.

Basically it means educating yourself.

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Still depressed. It's been a long 4 days. Don't know why I'm back in the slump.

I do want her back.

161 - 169 of 169 Posts