Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So CDC recommends we limit our community contact - limit to a minimum. I’m working from home (which is easy - I’ve been doing half of my work from home for years) and youngest son started his spring break early and thereafter will be schooling (senior year) online until further notice. Oldest is limited in work schedule, food industry. Only person leaving the house on a regular basis for her job, my wife.

I harvest what is available from my garden and shop at a local store (walking distance) at 8pm.

So what is for dinner on day one of confinement:

Lemon, chicken, kale and orzo soup. I substituted farro for orzo.

Feel free to share your meal or food ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Administrator
44,550 Posts
I've been staying home for days now except for quick trips on Saturday to Walmart to pick up grocery order & Walgreens for meds. Today a quick trip to Walmart to pick up grocery order... for all the things that were not in stock on Saturday.

My business partners and I are all working from home. The ones with contracts have negotiation working remotely for now.

My son is working from home at this time as the university is on Spring break and now they have told him to work from home. He's a research assistant/Phd student.

Dinner tonight was beef fajitas. There are no tortillas to be found in stores around here. That's like criminal in New Mexico. Apparently they are delivered to the stores early morning and are immediately being bought out. So there were none for the fajitas. I did find some corn tortillas that were in the freezer and cooked some of them up.

I don't have any photos of dinner cause we ate it... the dog got her portion too. >:)

·
Premium Member
27,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still making corned beef and cabbage tonight. We bought our corned beef a few weeks ago and picked the cabbage from our garden.

We had an extra corned beef and extra cabbage and set it outside the door for our neighbors.

·
Registered
13,867 Posts
Had spaghetti and homemade sauce for lunch and going to bypass plants tonight and have grilled chicken breasts with mixed vegetables. Photo to follow.

·
Registered
959 Posts
So CDC recommends we limit our community contact - limit to a minimum. I’m working from home (which is easy - I’ve been doing half of my work from home for years) and youngest son started his spring break early and thereafter will be schooling (senior year) online until further notice. Oldest is limited in work schedule, food industry. Only person leaving the house on a regular basis for her job, my wife.

I harvest what is available from my garden and shop at a local store (walking distance) at 8pm.

So what is for dinner on day one of confinement:

Lemon, chicken, kale and orzo soup. I substituted farro for orzo.

Feel free to share your meal or food ideas.

You are so lucky to be able to garden year round, I sure wish I could.

I normally go out for St. Patricks with some famaily members, I am trying to catch the Guinness virus.
Not sure whats going to be on the table. Both daughters work for local governments and are home until further notice. Son is a senior at the local university and is now a online student for the rest of the year. Both the wife and i work for medical comapnies and are still going to work. My job cannot be done remotely.

I just learned today that my company has filed an emergency use authorization with the FDA for a covid 19 test kit we will produce. This will not be at my site but it still feels good to belong to a company helping out.

·
Premium Member
7,504 Posts
We're having leftover leek and potato soup with some fresh bread (baked from shelf-stable packaging).

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'm having Trinidadian styled curried garbanzo beans and potatoes with a very thing type of layered roti.

·
Registered
13,979 Posts
Napa cabbage and mushroom soup with leftover boneless spareribs and pantry green lentils.

I’ve never seen Napa cabbage, which we love, at our big box grocery retailer. They had about two dozen, some mushrooms, navel oranges and melons. Otherwise the produce section was empty.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
@Emerging Buddhist and I are both IT professionals for our careers, and yet we are exact opposite ends of the spectrum. I have always worked remotely and I'm spear-heading an initiative to make remote learning and offer even our conference remotely to our members. He literally can NOT work remotely and is one of the few people in his company that has to be "boots on the ground" whereas some of his colleagues in other departments are becoming remote because of what he does.

We live about 45 minutes away from the closest town and we have always lived off fresh veg and what we store in the freezer, so in a way, for us, it's "life as usual." We live in a somewhat rural part of the state, and we have a cluster of neighbors nearby, but we just all gril on the porch and wave at each other and giggle about whether we're being socially distant enough.

Today, we raised a pint to the wearing of the green. I am Irish through my grandmother, and EB is a blue-eyed redhead, so he counts as me fella.

ETA: Can you believe we had to resort to drinking the black stuff from a bottle? No place was open where we could lift a pint--but then again, a Guinness is still a Guinness. Some traditions cannot be breached. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,079 Posts
I have more food in my kitchen than I've ever had in my life. Now I'm paralyzed with indecision.

I need to prioritize perishables, so i'm thinking maybe a corn and potato chowder for tomorrow night.

·
Registered
6,079 Posts
Corned beef hash. It was devoured before I could get a pick. My piggies (sons) waiting at the trough.

Had this three nights ago. One of my favorites!

·
Super Moderator
11,926 Posts
Two nights ago I cooked a big pot of keto taco soup. My wife and son are in WV dealing with family issues, so I am slowly working my way through it each day.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,079 Posts
Two nights ago I cooked a big pot of keto taco soup. My wife and son are in WV dealing with family issues, so I am slowly working my way through it each day.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I just looked this up. This sounds really good. The recipe I'm looking at calls for rotel or tomatoes along with bell peppers. Do you substitute anything for those to keep the sugars down?

·
Administrator
44,550 Posts
Napa cabbage and mushroom soup with leftover boneless spareribs and pantry green lentils.

I’ve never seen Napa cabbage, which we love, at our big box grocery retailer. They had about two dozen, some mushrooms, navel oranges and melons. Otherwise the produce section was empty.

Is this recipe online? I'm looking but cannot find one that looks this good.

1 - 20 of 166 Posts