Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I married young, in our very early 20s, and were heads over heels in love. He was my first boyfriend and I still love him very much. But unfortunately, ever since we got married things started going down hill, especially when I quit my job. We live with his family because they rely on him heavily (he is the oldest and he explained to me that mexicans/hispanic families live together always, which bothered me very much as I do not intend to have my kids raised in a garage or a room). I quit my job due to problems with management and it was very ugly (my boss was very unprofessional, he made sexual remarks and mistreated employees, to give an excellent example, he married his secretary after he got her pregnant). I quit about 6-8 months after we got married. His family, especially his mother, did not treat me very nicely, talking about me when he is not around. They do not speak English, only Spanish, and think that I do not understand them (I do, I just pretend not to understand to avoid arguing with them--they are not very well educated and turn to yelling and name-calling and lies when confronted, simply put, there is no way you will win an argument with these people). I have tried to tell my husband, but he has always ignored it, or told me I am imagining it, or that I heard wrong. I am a quiet person, and I always stay in our room all day when I am home just to avoid them talking about me. Recently his brother has began making smart comments about me and not having a job. They think I am mooching off him, and I guess I cannot blame them for thinking that way, I know how it looks like when I quit my job after getting married. But anyway, his brother insulted me flat out and I told my husband about it when his brother left the room. My husband did not believe me but asked his brother if it was true the next day. Apparently, according to his brother, I insulted him, and I told him that my husband would never believe him anyway even if he told on me because every body knows he is a liar. I was furious and lashed out on him and his brother when they got home. I explained everything to his parents, and even apologized the next day if my behavior was not lady-like. But his family only treated me like S**T and began giving me bad looks, ignoring me and my husband, needless to say, I have stopped trying. I forgave his brother, and things appear to be back to normal. But lately his brother started making back handed comments again (like "dude, why did you get married anyway?") in front of me and my husband just ignores it. I do not feel like telling him anything anymore, as I have told him everything all this time but he took their side (during my lashing out, he took his brother's side and parent's side, and his family treated me horribly for over 3 months). I have endured all this because I really do love him, and he is a great guy (sweet and thoughtful) but he always puts me aside when his family makes problems for us. I dont think I can endure all this anymore, and I am very seriously considering getting a divorce. But I am scared and I'm not sure what to do. I know I can no longer stand his self centered, manipulative, and two-faced brother and family, they gossip too much and are really really plastic (as in, they pretend to be nice, but behind my back, they tell their son/brother bad things about me like apparently, I was the one giving bad stares to his family).
I have never met such a horrible person as his brother. He smokes pot, steals, ditches school, and talks smack about everyone, and yet I am the bad guy. I dont understand why my husband took his side, and now I am preparing for the worst in my life.

Thanks for reading and please let me know if you have any thoughts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.