Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
7,968 Posts
Here's a rather more open minded, indeed joyful, essay on the benefits of flirting (to society as a whole). And he even mentions Jesus.
https://www.theschooloflife.com/thebookoflife/why-flirting-matters/
Well, people will try and justify anything. The comparison to Jesus was way off track and bizarre, Jesus didn't flirt, he loved people in a completely different way.

Flirting is fine if both are single and want to get to know each other, or if the one flirting is married to the one he/she is flirting with.

·
Banned
6,888 Posts
Here's a rather more open minded, indeed joyful, essay on the benefits of flirting (to society as a whole). And he even mentions Jesus.
https://www.theschooloflife.com/thebookoflife/why-flirting-matters/
Well, people will try and justify anything. The comparison to Jesus was way off track and bizarre, Jesus didn't flirt, he loved people in a completely different way.

Flirting is fine if both are single and want to get to know each other, or if the one flirting is married to the one he/she is flirting with.
Yeah...really? JESUS as a flirt?? Disgusting.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
That whole article is trash -- the reason to flirt is so that OTHER PEOPLE feel good about themselves, so it is a service to society?? WOW that's some serious bs. COMPLETELY ignore the bad connotations other than a passing reference in the first paragraph. Ugh.

·
Registered
7,968 Posts
That whole article is trash -- the reason to flirt is so that OTHER PEOPLE feel good about themselves, so it is a service to society?? WOW that's some serious bs. COMPLETELY ignore the bad connotations other than a passing reference in the first paragraph. Ugh.
Probably a flirt trying to justify it.
A lovely lady I used to know had a husband who flirted a lot. Eventually he had an affair, got another woman pregnant and left his wife and small children who were devastated. Anyone who hasn't got strong enough boundaries to stop them flirting, is in danger of cheating .

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Diana, even if they DO have their own boundaries internal to the marriage, that isn't evident to anyone external to their marriage.

To me, when I see someone flirting, that shows to ME that they are disrespectful to their spouse and their marriage.

·
Registered
722 Posts
First of all, I like to state I love my wife and her and I are happily married.

My wife, (Kelly), and I meet in college and I was drawn to her outgoing vibrant flirting personality and her fantastic body, blonde hair, and cute face.

My male friends kept forewarning me, Kelly is not the type girl I should date and heaven forbid marry due to her being too much of a flirt, having dated too many guys, and showing off her body too much.

Kelly and I married for who we each are, not to try to make changes in each other.

Of my male college friends who were wrong in telling me not to marry Kelly, are either divorced or unhappily married, whereas Kelly and I are very much in love and happily married.

To this day Kelly is very much of a flirt with men and that is just an extension of who she is as a person, vibrant and fun loving, all of which I fully accept.

Both Kelly and I, keep in shape with her being in fantastic shape. My wife's hobby and passion is to enter one or two bikini contest a year to show off her dedication to working out, nutrition, and fantastic physical attributes.

Are my wife's bikinis skimpy and revealing? Yes, very much so, from thongs that place her rear on public display to the tops that barely cover her boobs. But the bottom line her and I are very happy together and have left my negative college buddies to wallow in their disappointing marriages or state of divorce.

The fitness center my wife and I are members have a large poster on display of my wife in a bikini from her most recent contest she had won. Once again, the bikini reveals just about all of my wife's physical attributes and beauty......Yes but it also shows her hard work in training and nutrition and motivational for members of the club.

So after years of marriage, I love my flirty and exhibitionist wife and would not change on thing about her.

I would like to hear insights and feedback from other married couples with a wife thats tends to flirt and if it is a positive or negative.

Thanks from Wesley and Kelly
I think it's great. For those who compare a fitness nut competing flaunting for guys don't understand that its about more than flaunting it for other guys. I assume doing the competitions is part of motivating herself to continue working hard. My wife enjoys showing off her body when we are on a beach vacation or by a pool in Vegas. She works hard for it and she's very lucky to have had two kids and still have a flat stomach big perky boobs and no stretch marks, so why not show off while she still can. She does dress more conservatively around most friends and family because lets be honest some women treat other women who are hot and don't hide it quite horribly quite often. I wouldn't say she is flirty but she has a dirty mind so that can come across as flirty to someone who doesn't know her well. I think it's hilarious because most of the time she is completely clueless to how dirty the **** coming out of her mouth sounds, shes like a kid swearing not knowing they saying a swear word.

I think you sound genuinely happy and have enough self confidence to not be threatened so it also sounds like you're a good match.

·
Banned
8,122 Posts
I would hate it if another man flirted with me because I am just not interested.

What if he was really hot? Like Jesus?
Joking.
I respect your values and like most of them: plus I’m not flirting, I promise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
8,122 Posts
Yeah...really? JESUS as a flirt?? Disgusting.

To be fair, historical facts contradict this. Apparently he was a bit of a flirt after all:

https://www.google.de/amp/s/unsettledwords.com/2014/03/21/did-jesus-flirt/amp/

And why not? He was only human. Oh wait...never mind.
But if I was made in his image, why wouldn’t they know how to flirt?

I think it depends. What do people consider flirting nowadays? Is talking to a woman in a friendly way or joking with her flirting? Am I allowed to talk to women without it being flirting? Who decides what’s flirting and what isn’t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,485 Posts
I think a little flirt here and there, a witty turn of phrase can make a conversation lively. But I would grow weary of "that man's wife" who always has to isolate some man and talk to him one on one. And then move on to "another woman's husband." It would become text booky.

My sister dated a guy for a couple of years who like to go to the bars and try to chat up other people. Sometimes it happened. But it didn't, it can be embarrassing.

People who are natural are what I prefer. Not someone who's given themselves a label and feels the need to live up to it.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.