Talk About Marriage banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I don't know. Maybe I shouldn't have asked people to help. I only wanted advice. That's all.
Well, therapists give advice and since they studied a long time in their field, the advice they give is usually very good and specialized to your case or needs. I don't think you should discard it as an option so quickly.

I have no idea why you act the way that you do. If I had to give one piece of advice I'd say from now on, before you act, think for a moment and ask yourself if what you're doing is really okay and how you'd feel if someone acted that way towards you.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well, therapists give advice and since they studied a long time in their field, the advice they give is usually very good and specialized to your case or needs. I don't think you should discard it as an option so quickly.

I have no idea why you act the way that you do. If I had to give one piece of advice I'd say from now on, before you act, think for a moment and ask yourself if what you're doing is really okay and how you'd feel if someone acted that way towards you.

Hope that helps!
True

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
From what you've said, I'm not so sure that you are the problem. What did your husband do that made you cry? Why can't you talk to someone about what is hurting you? Why is it immature to cry? I'm 54 years old and I still cry when I'm hurt and I am not immature.

·
Premium Member
2,913 Posts
In your speech, measure by these three rules...

Is it true?

Is it kind?

Is it necessary?

If it meets all three then it is worth sharing... this will give you a foundation of awareness from the speech coming from you.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Britt, a counselor can help you understand specific techniques to help you in all of your areas. There are many different ways to approach this and a counselor would be more of a guide -- YOU still have to do the work to change, but they can help guide you on how to get there.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts