Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Welcome Britt, and sorry you are having issues.

In what way are you immature in your relationship? Can you give examples? What issues are these causing?
How is your communication with your H??

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Hello. My name is Brittney. I'm 28 and I'm married with a wonderful husband but I'm scared he might leave me. I need to stop acting like a kid and act like a grown woman. My immaturity is taking its toll on our marriage and I need advice on keeping him forever. Please help me change.
Hi Brittney.
If this is really your photograph you may want to consider changing it for privacy purposes.
You look great though lol.

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Hello. My name is Brittney. I'm 28 and I'm married with a wonderful husband but I'm scared he might leave me. I need to stop acting like a kid and act like a grown woman. My immaturity is taking its toll on our marriage and I need advice on keeping him forever. Please help me change.
Hi, Welcome to TAM.
A couple of things:

Since you are posting personal information here, I recommend you do not share anything that is personally identifying, including your name. I use my name, because I don't post anything on here that I would be embarrassed about if someone I know read it and I don't ask for marriage advice here. If I were, I wouldn't have my name on here.

Most new people tend to post a wall of text without paragraphs. When you post your story, please make it easy for people to read and follow.

Tell us specifically why you think your husband may leave you and what immature things you have been doing. Why are you doing those things when you know it is hurting your husband? What can we do to help?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

In what way are you immature in your relationship? Can you give examples? What issues are these causing?
Acting like a kid, not a grown woman and not defending him

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

My communication is okay but I want to do better

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
1. Not defending him -- from who/what? Why do you need to defend him? Why DON'T you?

2. Acting like a kid -- are you throwing temper tantrums and stomping your feet? Are you spending all your money and lying to him about it? Are you keeping sex from him if he makes you mad? Are you flirting with other men and throwing it in his face?
Exactly how? Hard to gauge immaturity here from the response.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is he angry with you? If so, please tell us exactly what happened. We can't help you unless you give us specific incidents.
I started crying when he got mad at me for telling our business to my mother and I stormed out of the room and went into our bedroom to cool off

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1. Not defending him -- from who/what? Why do you need to defend him? Why DON'T you?

2. Acting like a kid -- are you throwing temper tantrums and stomping your feet? Are you spending all your money and lying to him about it? Are you keeping sex from him if he makes you mad? Are you flirting with other men and throwing it in his face?
Exactly how? Hard to gauge immaturity here from the response.
From negative talk from my mother, crying

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi, Welcome to TAM.
A couple of things:

Since you are posting personal information here, I recommend you do not share anything that is personally identifying, including your name. I use my name, because I don't post anything on here that I would be embarrassed about if someone I know read it and I don't ask for marriage advice here. If I were, I wouldn't have my name on here.

Most new people tend to post a wall of text without paragraphs. When you post your story, please make it easy for people to read and follow.

Tell us specifically why you think your husband may leave you and what immature things you have been doing. Why are you doing those things when you know it is hurting your husband? What can we do to help?
I just need help to change

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I started crying when he got mad at me for telling our business to my mother and I stormed out of the room and went into our bedroom to cool off
I think the bigger problem is telling his personal business to your mother. That's an invasion of his privacy. I don't blame him for being mad. So he called you out on your bad behavior and you couldn't take the criticism so you cried and stormed off.

I'd suggest, you first apologize for telling your Mom his business and then apologize for your response to him calling you out on it, which he had every right to do.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think the bigger problem is telling his personal business to your mother. That's an invasion of his privacy. I don't blame him for being mad. So he called you out on your bad behavior and you couldn't take the criticism so you cried and stormed off.

I'd suggest, you first apologize for telling your Mom his business and then apologize for your response to him calling you out on it, which he had every right to do.
I already apologized and took responsibility for that

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
can anyone help me change
I'd recommend some individual counseling to figure out why you are the way you are. From there you can work on fixing it.

Has your husband threatened to leave you? I think counseling would show him that you're serious about making some changes in your life.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Only you can change you.
Maybe you're right. I do need to make changes in my life and in myself. I need to start defending me and my husband and show him that I really want to change. No more acting like a kid. It's time for me to accept change and be woman enough to change the way I am

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'd recommend some individual counseling to figure out why you are the way you are. From there you can work on fixing it.

Has your husband threatened to leave you? I think counseling would show him that you're serious about making some changes in your life.
No, I don't need a therapist to help me change. Only I can do that. Thank you for the recommendation anyway

1 - 20 of 26 Posts