Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets put my mood in perspective:

Today I got the bright idea "well, let's be proactive, and do something nice for the wife." I go out to the store, grab fresh ingredients to make her a home cooked meal. Well dinner is being cooked, she notices what I bought and goes off. "You know we had all of this stuff, you were just too lazy not to look!" Well see I get that, yet I have checked the usual places for these things. Only issue being is that my wife is one of "those" woman who like to rearrange the kitchen and you get to find out where everything goes.

After dinner is finished, she goes off to the computer room. 45 minutes later she tells me "come here" well I wait about two minutes because my old dog wants to play with me. Needless to say she keeps asking until I snap back "alright I'm coming!" Well next I hear the laptop slam close and her storming around the house...I apparently didn't throw my dog off the couch and rush to her side...to see that she wants to buy a used bed....something I have little, to no interest with.

Well woman goes crazy, and starts angrily cleaning the house, pushing me aside belittling me for "not doing anything for her". Essentially it gets to the point in my head where I envision myself hitting her with a plate, so I calmly tell her "look, I'm not taking this...clean up yourself." I leave the room...go brush my teeth.

Well she's still fuming up and down the house calling me a child, and all sorts of lovely names, belittling me saying I do nothing for her.
------------------

I'm going to be honest, I'm a stay at home husband. I run my own business out of my house and my memory isn't the sharpest. People forget things, and I'm not a highly overly organized person. You'd think about 3 years of being together she would have caught onto this.

I'm not going to tell you all a pack of lies to make me look good. I forget the laundry sometime, I forget dishes sometimes. I'm not perfect, nor do I pretend to be perfect. Yet according to her, I do nothing for her. I never lift a finger to help her. In her opinion I've never done a single nice thing for her...which to be honest I have. I pulled her from a dead end job, and turned her life around. Whenever she was in trouble I came to the rescue. I have always been there for her, and loved her. Yet when I forget the laundry once every 4 days or so...I'm suddenly the most disgusting slob on the planet who does nothing.
------------------------------------------

So we're going to bed, I'm still being called names and such, and the couch is looking friendly (I'm currently hole'd up in my studio). I try to explain to her "no one will ever learn if you swoop in and do it for them." She replies "well we have the same conversations over and over and over..and I'm tired of it." Eventually it comes down to me saying "well stop then, stop swooping in and doing it for me, some relationships are about love and communication, people remind each other, and it works. If we had children they would have to be reminded." Well she crosses the line "so you admit you're a child...you walk into it with open arms." I leave the room, and tell her off as I exit "I'm not taking this, I'm not sleeping next to you." Well I hear her yelling "you think I want to go to bed angry"...and my response "too bad."
------------------------------

Look I'm not bragging, I don't like where my marriage is heading. This is just one of many problems. My wife and I had a healthy relationship, we made love often...we did things for each other...we were happy.

Suddenly she stops sleeping with me, the thought of having sex with me revolts her. She'll push me away, and basically blast me with comments relating me to being a child....so I've given up on sleeping with her. Oh and when we do have sex, she lays there...like a cold fish.

My wife has issues I doubt she sees, when we're in a group of friends...I don't exist. My opinion does-not-matter, I'm a ghost. She makes no eye contact with me at all. She sees how depressed it makes me, and does not care.
----------------

Oh and here is the best part of it all...the "work husband." Who is invited to dinner without my knowledge or consent. I say otherwise she replies "you didn't listen, I told you." These two are really friendly together...they laugh at each other's jokes, and are always doing projects together and she acts all coy with him...when we go out places she makes it seem like I'm the third wheel. She knows I'm jealous of how she treats him, she knows it angers me, I've even lashed out and accused her of sleeping with him which she denies...and I still think they've fooled around with how they act together. He gets very quiet whilst I'm around...

---------------------------------------

I've also voiced concerns of depression/thoughts of suicide/seeing a shrink...she didn't care to ask why or understand. It was business as usual.

She seems more concerned about halloween (which she has been planning since June) than her marriage and how to fix it....in fact another couple we know are planning a halloween party...which I'm considering skipping our's and going to their's if it means being treated like a ghost and wanting to drink myself stupid.

Oh by the way I've developed a knack for drinking away my problems with my wife. I get plastered at parties to not give a **** anymore. Went out of town and blew 90 dollars on booze..worth every penny.

So all of this coupled together leaves me to the conclusion my wife, always sees me as in the wrong, not worthy of a say, anything. She goes on with her work husband...they have inside jokes and I'm always left feeling like the kid with his hands pressed against the glass outside of the house watching everything on the inside going right.

I honestly have no desire to listen to what this woman has to say, or doing anything nice for her. I make her dinner, and I'm not thanked, in stead I'm dressed down for buying duplicates of materials I didn't know we had (a whopping ten dollars!), put down, and called a child countless times....forgeting about me trying to do anything nice for her.

---------------

To summerize those who skipped the above:

My wife is obsessed with organization.
She belittles me for forgetting a single task.
She has a "work husband" who she gives more attention to, and laughs with/acts coy with.
She constantly calls me a child.
My wife ignores me at parties and pretends I don't exist.
When we go out with her "work husband", I'm the third wheel.
Our sex life is non existent, my hand has more life in it than she does.
She does not listen to what I have to say.
I'm really contemplating leaving her/committing suicide. Telling her this, she's unaffected and tells me I'm being weak.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Life is too short to be that miserable. I think you know what you need to do.

Reactions: jane1213

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
She's having an affair with the "work husband." It may or may not be physical. Jump over to the Coping With Infidelity forum on this site, read & learn.

You have zero chance of repairing this marriage until the "work husband" is out of the picture.

Also read up on the "180." It is for you.

Good luck.

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
Wow, that's bad. She's a real piece of work.

Keep reading around here, there's tons of good info. And yeah, the 'work husband' thing is a huge red flag. Have a read at the CWI Newbies link in my sig.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
You know and we know suicide is not the answer. So stop that thought right away.

Plain and simple, she does not respect you. Her actions show it.

I am a stay at home dad also. I know exactly what you are going through.

First thing is, stop accusing her of sleeping with that guy. Get evidence first. VAR in car and check her phone for text messages/emails. If you find anything, don't confront until you post here.

Also, stop trying to please her with surprises or gifts. You are actually making yourself look weak.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
39,804 Posts
Your wife is having an affair. Once a woman latches on to her OM, she vilifies her husband; women can't love two men at the same time, so EVERYTHING becomes ALL YOUR FAULT. That way, she can justify having feelings for her boy toy.

Check the phone records to see how many calls and texts they have, install a keylogger on her computer. Start gathering the evidence, print it out, keep a copy with someone else, and then confront her and tell her you want her to stop and go NC with this man. When she refuses, you sit down and call her important people - parents, siblings, best friend - and tell them she's having an affair and you need their help to get OM out of the picture so you can look at the marriage with a fair eye; tell them that, after he's gone, if she STILL isn't happy, you'll move on, but you can't do anything until she stops seeing him. Expect her to be furious; your marriage can survive her anger but it can't survive a third person. Sit back and wait for the fallout and see if she gives him up. If not, make plans to move one of you out; she will need the wakeup call of you not being her fallback plan. THEN, she may take you seriously and consider giving OM up.

At least that's how it usually goes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your wife is having an affair. Once a woman latches on to her OM, she vilifies her husband; women can't love two men at the same time, so EVERYTHING becomes ALL YOUR FAULT. That way, she can justify having feelings for her boy toy.

Check the phone records to see how many calls and texts they have, install a keylogger on her computer. Start gathering the evidence, print it out, keep a copy with someone else, and then confront her and tell her you want her to stop and go NC with this man. When she refuses, you sit down and call her important people - parents, siblings, best friend - and tell them she's having an affair and you need their help to get OM out of the picture so you can look at the marriage with a fair eye; tell them that, after he's gone, if she STILL isn't happy, you'll move on, but you can't do anything until she stops seeing him. Expect her to be furious; your marriage can survive her anger but it can't survive a third person. Sit back and wait for the fallout and see if she gives him up. If not, make plans to move one of you out; she will need the wakeup call of you not being her fallback plan. THEN, she may take you seriously and consider giving OM up.

At least that's how it usually goes.
Oh I've suggested she tone down OM coming over unannounced to me, and how close they are...her best reply to date "I'm not giving up my best friend."

·
Registered
39,804 Posts
Of course not. She's in love with him. Read this book: Not Just Friends, by Shirley Glass.

she explores "the new crisis of infidelity" resulting from platonic relationships that become progressively intense. Personal and professional friendships between men and women have become so prevalent and accepted that, according to Glass, even "good" people in "good" marriages can be swept away in a riptide of emotional intimacy more potent than sheer sexual attraction. Glass scrutinizes affairs and offers well-defined guidelines, including tips for determining how vulnerable individuals and relationships are to temptation, and prescriptions for keeping relationships "safe," repairing betrayal-induced damages and recovering from the trauma.
Not "Just Friends": Rebuilding Trust and Recovering Your Sanity After Infidelity: Shirley P. Glass,Jean Coppock Staeheli: 9780743225502: Amazon.com: Books

·
Registered
39,804 Posts
Oh I've suggested she tone down OM coming over unannounced to me, and how close they are...her best reply to date "I'm not giving up my best friend."
Go back and read the plan.

You don't 'suggest' she tone it down. You man up and shed your beta male stance (after you gather the evidence) and tell her "I will not be your fallback plan. Get rid of OM or I'm seeing a lawyer."

btw, women DESPISE weak men. Just becoming a stay at home is enough to lower your 'score' with her, and then 'suggesting' she get rid of him makes you even weaker. Why would she choose you? You're weak, and you ask for permission (and probably sex), and when she turns you down, you do nothing. Beta.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
If you are not her best male friend then this has already gone too far. Essentially she is at least in an EA. That means she is going to have to change jobs. Yes I said it. She needs to let this guy go and go total NC.

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
If you are not her best male friend then this has already gone too far. Essentially she is at least in an EA. That means she is going to have to change jobs. Yes I said it. She needs to let this guy go and go total NC.
:iagree: :iagree:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Woman perspective, I don't think your weak or beta, alpha and beta male are little terms that are flung around TAM to often.

Your wife does not respect you, that does not make you "weak" that makes your wife *****
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Life is too short to be that unhappy. I hope you can find the answers and strength you need OP, all the best with your situation.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
I didn't say he was weak. That's what his WIFE thinks. And that's what determines what she does.
Not being assetive with ones boundaries IS a weakness.
Being a victim is weak. Sorry but encouraging a man to be more manly is not a bad thing. Men are not women.

But indeed your point is dead on. She perceives him as weak. That matters. The affair(s) are on her but nothing wrong with being accountable for ourselves. These are part of lifes lessons.

When someone takes advantage of us it is certainly their wrong doing. However shame on us for being taken advantage of. I have no problem with fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Then again a really smart person learns from the mistakes of others.

The whole conversation about Alpha / Beta seems to bother folks. I think for some it flies against the agenda that says men and women are and should be the same. I say that men and women are different and that is a great thing, becuase together they are better then either is alone. We complement one another in very good ways.

Oh and here is the best part of it all...the "work husband." Who is invited to dinner without my knowledge or consent. I say otherwise she replies "you didn't listen, I told you." These two are really friendly together...they laugh at each other's jokes, and are always doing projects together and she acts all coy with him...when we go out places she makes it seem like I'm the third wheel. She knows I'm jealous of how she treats him, she knows it angers me, I've even lashed out and accused her of sleeping with him which she denies...and I still think they've fooled around with how they act together. He gets very quiet whilst I'm around...
Sorry. No man should put up with going along on a night out with his wife and her date. This IS way too freaking Beta. It is not much better than them going on their date alone. In fact it is creepy in a you know what way. Going along with this is enabling the disrespect and contributes to the loss of attraction. Is a woman like this worth keeping? No certainly. However, is a husband who puts up with this worth keeping?

·
Banned
411 Posts
Today I got the bright idea "well, let's be proactive, and do something nice for the wife." I go out to the store, grab fresh ingredients to make her a home cooked meal. Well dinner is being cooked, she notices what I bought and goes off. "You know we had all of this stuff, you were just too lazy not to look!" Well see I get that, yet I have checked the usual places for these things. Only issue being is that my wife is one of "those" woman who like to rearrange the kitchen and you get to find out where everything goes.
Maybe she's high on amphetamine or methamphetamine. Amphetamine and meth are known to cause severe OCD symptoms, such as constantly re-organizing things, cleaning things that are already clean, moving the furniture around, wanting to re-paint the walls for no apparent reason.

to see that she wants to buy a used bed....something I have little, to no interest with.
So she wants to buy a bed for no apparent reason? Meth and OCD, man.

Well woman goes crazy, and starts angrily cleaning the house
Does anyone else remember the Meth Song? 30 second commercial
She's totally high on meth. Does she own any glass pipes? Does she always complain about having a dry mouth? Are her gums starting to recede due to dry mouth? Does she grind her teeth at night? Does she seem to be powered entirely by sugary drinks rather than normal meals?

Yet when I forget the laundry once every 4 days or so...I'm suddenly the most disgusting slob on the planet who does nothing.
She doesn't own enough clothes to last more than 4 days without doing the laundry? I can sometimes go 2 weeks without doing laundry. I wonder what happened to her other clothes. Maybe she sold them to buy meth.

Suddenly she stops sleeping with me, the thought of having sex with me revolts her. She'll push me away, and basically blast me with comments relating me to being a child....so I've given up on sleeping with her. Oh and when we do have sex, she lays there...like a cold fish.
Alright so she's probably not high on meth. That stuff makes people hypersexual. How old is she? Estrogen has some of the same effects as serotonin, so a sharp decrease in estrogen can cause severe depression. Women are often given SNRI antidepressants to deal with it.

"It doesn't count as cheating if the lights were off and I couldn't definitively say whose penis was in my mouth."
Woman Logic :D

I've also voiced concerns of depression/thoughts of suicide/seeing a shrink...she didn't care to ask why or understand. It was business as usual.
She can't empathize because she thinks you're faking it. Solution: ask your doctor if you can try haloperidol. Put the haloperidol in her morning scotch. As an antipsychotic drug, it's extremely sedating and it drains a person's soul. Major depression is a common side effect of it because its ability to block dopamine receptors makes everything boring and unenjoyable. After she knows how much major depression sucks, and she talks about seeing a doctor, stop drugging her. She'll understand your position a lot better after doing this.
(not my fault if she dies)

She seems more concerned about halloween (which she has been planning since June) than her marriage and how to fix it....in fact another couple we know are planning a halloween party...which I'm considering skipping our's and going to their's if it means being treated like a ghost and wanting to drink myself stupid.
Haloperidol. She'll be the one who looks waaaaay too drunk in front of her friends and coworkers. After she passes out, you go to your friend's party. Put away anything of value so nothing gets stolen.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.