Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,
I have been dating my bf for 6 years, living together for 3.

just over a year ago we talked about getting engaged. we got everything out in the open, and we both agreed that it wasnt the best time back then, as i lost my job, so we were living off one income, he wanted to get some money together first.

Since the talk, we have both brought up marriage, usually in a general way, as in, if i see a thread on a forum we will talk about it, if we see a wedding on tv, we will talk about it, sometimes he brings it up out of the blue. the last talk we had, he told me, he wanted to concentrate on giving me the best marriage he can, that he has stuff to figure out in his head, financially, etc and because of this it would be 5 more years before he even asks me to marry him. that would make it 11 years of dating... i am fine with that, as even though i am working again, i am making nowhere near what i used to do, so we are feeling the lack of money right now.

then valentines day comes around, and he gets me this great card, on the front of it, it has a picture of two wedding rings. he had written inside "i love these rings, how bout you hunny?"

that confused me, if its going to be 5 years before he even asks, why did he do that? was it some kind of hint? is he making me think its going to be five years, but has other plans? or am i over thinking? :confused:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree with Draconis.....on the one hand your boy friend was probably buying some space and time, to unpressurize the situation, and on the other hand, he knows it is what you want and wants to please you...maybe he is confused too? I guess it all boils down to how long you are willing to wait?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.