Talk About Marriage banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
18,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Cthulhu? Sheesh! It's too damn weird I know what you're talking about.:laugh:

Never read lovecraft as a kid?

There’s actually many elements in the original Conan stories, as well as the original movies.

·
Registered
12,627 Posts
Never read lovecraft as a kid?

There’s actually many elements in the original Conan stories, as well as the original movies.
Ran across some of tentacle face's stuff reading Conan comics as a kid. Later on, I had a very weird friend that got into H.P.

·
Registered
18,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Ran across some of tentacle face's stuff reading Conan comics as a kid. Later on, I had a very weird friend that got into H.P.

It was groundbreaking at the time and very fascinating to me as a kid.

The horror is existential dread instead of something demonic or evil. More like the universe is vast and ancient, and does not care about humanity.

I highly recommend some of them, like the mountains of madness, dunwitch horror, etc.

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Welcome back... it's good to have your 'voice' here again!

I'm sorry that you and your wife have been dealing with so much, however, it is refreshing that it has brought you closer.

·
Registered
18,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Welcome back... it's good to have your 'voice' here again!

I'm sorry that you and your wife have been dealing with so much, however, it is refreshing that it has brought you closer.

Thanks for this. Our marriage is certainly not the same!

I feel like we’ve aged a million years, emotionally. Mostly in good ways. Our grooves are pretty deep in each other now.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I’ve seen your name mentioned in reading some of the threads, welcome back. My sincerest condolences on your mothers passing, I lost mine at a young age, but have never lost her, if you know what I mean. Spiritually she tends to guide me.

From every rainstorm, a beautiful flower grows! I’m glad your wife, the beautiful flower, is strong in her convictions, I say bravo. I wish you strength in carrying on with her in her work.

You are right in that many victims of these type of things never report such crimes, kudos to her and you for not going ballistic, not sure I wouldn’t have. You are also right in saying that many spouses would turn their back on their spouse if this type of thing happens, unfortunately most are not sure how to deal with the aftermath. Again, kudos to you in that regard.

Keep up the good work.

OT

·
Registered
18,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I’ve seen your name mentioned in reading some of the threads, welcome back. My sincerest condolences on your mothers passing, I lost mine at a young age, but have never lost her, if you know what I mean. Spiritually she tends to guide me.

From every rainstorm, a beautiful flower grows! I’m glad your wife, the beautiful flower, is strong in her convictions, I say bravo. I wish you strength in carrying on with her in her work.

You are right in that many victims of these type of things never report such crimes, kudos to her and you for not going ballistic, not sure I wouldn’t have. You are also right in saying that many spouses would turn their back on their spouse if this type of thing happens, unfortunately most are not sure how to deal with the aftermath. Again, kudos to you in that regard.

Keep up the good work.

OT

Thanks. I actually did go ballistic - my brother in law was there when my wife told me to keep me from doing something stupid. My first response was to stand up and pull out my truck keys.

My wife just wanted me to be there for her and help her instead of kicking his door in. So I had to sit down for her.

I called some hotlines that night or the next day, and got into therapy right away. What I learned is that this stuff is about control - and that I needed to let my wife control how this was responded to. That I needed to let it be about her, and only her, and give her back her agency.

Thanks for the well wishes.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Wow, like you, I stayed mostly away from TAM for awhile but I got invested in a couple of stories, @bobert and @20yr, that kind of sucked me back into this world.

I remember your story too - glad to see you are doing well, despite everything.

·
Registered
18,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Wow, like you, I stayed mostly away from TAM for awhile but I got invested in a couple of stories, @bobert and @20yr, that kind of sucked me back into this world.

I remember your story too - glad to see you are doing well, despite everything.

Thanks man.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts

Secondly, my wife was sexually assaulted by a family friend, in our own home, with me unaware in the next room. Bastard groped her right there on our couch.
Whaaaaaaaat??? The..phuck?
A friend of yours (family)...groped your wife????

Haven't read the other posts ...but I can't believe the evilness of people that are around....especially those close to family!!

That's insane!!!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Whaaaaaaaat??? The..phuck?
A friend of yours (family)...groped your wife????

Haven't read the other posts ...but I can't believe the evilness of people that are around....especially those close to family!!

That's insane!!!

Ya, it sucked that's for sure. What sucked even worse in some ways is that her entire friend group (wife of this guy and other married women in that friend group) all turned their backs on her. 100%. They didn't like their fun little group being torn apart, and didn't like that she went to the police over it - "but what about the pain and embarrassment for the wife? What about his kids?"

It didn't surprise us at all to find that the police had been called to their house a number of times by his wife, but it did surprise us both that other women that initially supported her, and brought forward stories of their own being assaulted by this guy, ended up betraying my wife. She came forward to support these women, and they **** on her.

I had this vision of women as some kind of sisterhood supporting each other. Boy, was I wrong.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Ya, it sucked that's for sure. What sucked even worse in some ways is that her entire friend group (wife of this guy and other married women in that friend group) all turned their backs on her. 100%. They didn't like their fun little group being torn apart, and didn't like that she went to the police over it - "but what about the pain and embarrassment for the wife? What about his kids?"

Seriously, tripple betrayal.

-He as a family friend;
-As your friend;
-Those girls unsupportive behaviour!

I don't know why I'm suddenly envisioning the desperate housewives...chit-chatting and b*tching around with stupid gossip and childish logic, against your wife.

Good you got through it safely!

·
Registered
18,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Seriously, tripple betrayal.

-He as a family friend;
-As your friend;
-Those girls unsupprtive behaviour!

I don't know why I'm suddenly envisioining the desperate housewives...chit chatting and b*tching around with stupid gossip and childish logic, against your wife.

Good you got through it safely!

You’re pretty much describing that group exactly.

It’s blown up since and they’ve mostly gone their separate ways. I never liked them much to begin with, and I wasn’t more than an acquaintance with the guy. For me, they were couples you’d party with, go on weekend trips, that kind of thing. My wife was close with those women though, and I had cautioned her for some time about how they were superficial losers in my mind.

I will say that Karma has not been kind to them. I will not document my role in that behind the scenes.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
@Marduk,

glad to see you back! im sorry to hear of your loss and the assault, but its good to hear that your wife is kicking ass.

i just came back from my own disappearance... life gets crazy sometimes.

·
Registered
18,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
@Marduk,

glad to see you back! im sorry to hear of your loss and the assault, but its good to hear that your wife is kicking ass.

i just came back from my own disappearance... life gets crazy sometimes.

Thanks man, glad to hear from you.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Anyone know if @Marduk is still around?
ETA: notices been gone for a while.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts