Talk About Marriage banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
18,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Sorry about your mom. That changed my life permanently.

Your supposed friends don't fit in the friend category. Cut them off permantley. Life to short to put up with snakes.

Congrats for her standing up and calling his ass out. There are more out there that just let it slide.

As in most cases like this more will come out later.

Yup, that’s what we did - cut the whole group out that didn’t stand by her.

And yes, more came out later. He did it to some other wives, too. Not as bad but still creepy ass stuff. And yet the ones he did it to stood by him. And their husbands. Weird as hell.

Whatever. Karma’s a *****. I’ve already made sure some of it has caught up to them.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
11,689 Posts
It may not be the form of justice you were looking for, but it is justice nonetheless.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,737 Posts
Know that I magically brought you back....

I knew you in ancient Babylon. Before I became a........
TMI

THRD went to Babylon in 2003 and brought back a likeness of you, this found in an underground tomb.
He gave it to me and I used it to resurrect you here.

Sorry for your travails, welcome back.

King Brian-

·
Registered
18,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It may not be the form of justice you were looking for, but it is justice nonetheless.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Oh, we have hurt him far more than any beating I could have put on him.

But thanks. If I’ve learned anything through this, it’s that karma is a real thing. And that has nothing to do with faith - it’s just a starkly utilitarian thing.

·
Registered
18,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Know that I magically brought you back....

I knew you in ancient Babylon. Before I became a........

TMI

THRD went to Babylon in 2003 and brought back a likeness of you, this found in an underground tomb.

He gave it to me and I used it to resurrect you here.

Sorry for your travails, welcome back.

King Brian-

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

Oh wait, that’s something different.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Really sorry for your loss. I lost my Mom to a massive stroke May 1. No warning or signs. I feel your pain and it sucks.

You and your wife sound very strong and mentally dialed in. That's a great thing that she has become a trailblazer and proactive in her fight. You said she was too embarrassed to tell you at first, how did she deal with the perv when it happened? I don't get the friends turning their backs on her, especially her girlfriends. I would have thought like you did, that they would be her strongest support. It's amazing how bad people suck sometimes. I'm also pretty impressed you didn't smoke the perv at first opportunity (cop advice or not), you have some serious self-control.

·
Registered
18,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Really sorry for your loss. I lost my Mom to a massive stroke May 1. No warning or signs. I feel your pain and it sucks.

You and your wife sound very strong and mentally dialed in. That's a great thing that she has become a trailblazer and proactive in her fight. You said she was too embarrassed to tell you at first, how did she deal with the perv when it happened? I don't get the friends turning their backs on her, especially her girlfriends. I would have thought like you did, that they would be her strongest support. It's amazing how bad people suck sometimes. I'm also pretty impressed you didn't smoke the perv at first opportunity (cop advice or not), you have some serious self-control.

She froze. Flight or fright. It was so unexpected, he was a fairly longtime friend. His wife and I were just steps away. She was in shock.

The next day she was worried I’d kill him. That his wife would leave him. That nobody would believe her. That passed quickly, thankfully.

This **** does not play out the way you think it would. It’s so very commonly not reported at all. I heard a stat that something like of every 1000 sexual assaults that happen, 900 go unreported. Of every 100 that get reported, 90% aren’t charged. And of the 10 that remain, only 1 gets convicted.

That’s 1/1000 that are brought to justice. It’s incredible. It’s essentially legally condoned to sexually assault women. And it is a gendered crime - something like 99% of sexual assaults are committed against women by men. Usually ones that know her and she trusts.

More often than not, the woman is not believed at all, and it’s a he said/she said crime. Plus, the offender has more rights than the victim does - they are presumed innocent and don’t even have to take the stand if they don’t choose to.

It is stunning what women endure in our society. I can see why they often don’t report the crime at all - they are told they are lying. That they had consented. That they had brought it on themselves. And even if they make it to the stand, they are victimized again and get to watch their assaulter go free. It’s actually less traumatic for them in many cases to just drop it and pretend that nothing happened. And all of it emboldens the perpetrators and helps create new ones.

I’ll pull some real stats for you if interested. Our legal system is a profound failure.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
She froze. Flight or fright. It was so unexpected, he was a fairly longtime friend. His wife and I were just steps away. She was in shock.

The next day she was worried I’d kill him. That his wife would leave him. That nobody would believe her. That passed quickly, thankfully.

This **** does not play out the way you think it would. It’s so very commonly not reported at all. I heard a stat that something like of every 1000 sexual assaults that happen, 900 go unreported. Of every 100 that get reported, 90% aren’t charged. And of the 10 that remain, only 1 gets convicted.

That’s 1/1000 that are brought to justice. It’s incredible. It’s essentially legally condoned to sexually assault women. And it is a gendered crime - something like 99% of sexual assaults are committed against women by men. Usually ones that know her and she trusts.

More often than not, the woman is not believed at all, and it’s a he said/she said crime. Plus, the offender has more rights than the victim does - they are presumed innocent and don’t even have to take the stand if they don’t choose to.

It is stunning what women endure in our society. I can see why they often don’t report the crime at all - they are told they are lying. That they had consented. That they had brought it on themselves. And even if they make it to the stand, they are victimized again and get to watch their assaulter go free. It’s actually less traumatic for them in many cases to just drop it and pretend that nothing happened. And all of it emboldens the perpetrators and helps create new ones.

I’ll pull some real stats for you if interested. Our legal system is a profound failure.
The bolded is true on so many levels, it's pathetic.
The stats you posted really make me wish a Punisher type character would get a wild hair and start doling out justice for sex crimes like these and crimes against children and the elderly. Wishful thinking, but it's obvious those who CAN do something about it don't. Big props to your wife for trying to change that. I wish her great success.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Welcome back Marduk, I hoped you would find your way back in after the password blow up.

I am sorry to read what you and your wife have gone through both with her assault, the loss of your mother and loss of friends.

That said going through my own challenges with my own family, I am glad you have found a way to support each other and deal with all that challenges you.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hey Marduk! I don't know if you remember me but I was in GettingIt's group with you.

Good to see you but sorry to hear about your dear Mom passing and sorry to hear what happened to your wife. It's good to hear that she is fighting for her healing and that you are right there with her. I pray that you all will continue to be there for each other.

I don't know where I was with kids when I left the group but I'm pregnant with my fourth and final!

Anyway welcome back!

·
Registered
17,174 Posts
Marduk, honestly I don’t even remember why we used to be on each other’s bad side. Probably because I’m an arrogant ass sometimes and you didn’t like it. Lolz

I don’t remember at all what I didn’t like about you. What’s not to like?

While you were gone I had some threads about empathy for men. They were really good threads.

On your thread here I see a lot of empathy for women. I love that and wondered if we could talk about it more.

·
Registered
18,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Hey Marduk! I don't know if you remember me but I was in GettingIt's group with you.

Good to see you but sorry to hear about your dear Mom passing and sorry to hear what happened to your wife. It's good to hear that she is fighting for her healing and that you are right there with her. I pray that you all will continue to be there for each other.

I don't know where I was with kids when I left the group but I'm pregnant with my fourth and final!

Anyway welcome back!

Congrats! Wow! Four is a doozie number.

Thanks for the well wishes. She’s more than healed, she’s kicking ass.

·
Registered
18,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Marduk, honestly I don’t even remember why we used to be on each other’s bad side. Probably because I’m an arrogant ass sometimes and you didn’t like it. Lolz

I don’t remember at all what I didn’t like about you. What’s not to like?

While you were gone I had some threads about empathy for men. They were really good threads.

On your thread here I see a lot of empathy for women. I love that and wondered if we could talk about it more.

I don’t remember either and I don’t care. You’re great.

Glad to be back and glad to talk about whatever you like.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts