Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I have been separated just over a year now. He has been in another country for 6 months and is meant to be back at the end of November. I am hoping we will reconcile. I left him after our DD was born 3 months early. I spoke to him the other day (first time in 3 months) and he said "not a day goes by that I don't think about you and DD) he also asked if he can take us out to lunch. So here's hoping we can work it out. My question is how long have you been apart for? I guess i'm worried because it's been quite awhile since I left him.

·
Registered
223 Posts
If you left him, and he misses you...what's stopping the R if you want it?

I'm coming up on 2 months. Friendly with W and hang out sometimes, but no sign that this will end anytime soon.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
199 Posts
11weeks and going down the divorce route :(

·
Registered
716 Posts
Separated 21 months....i no longer see reconciliation as an option for me but have read many stories of R after 2 years separation.

If u both want it, it will happen. The key is both wanting to work things out.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
243 Posts
he moved out 19 months ago. I work hard everyday not to think R is the way out. I am trying very hard, although I often fail, to keep the 180. Its too hard. The worst part for me is that I never got to really have any in depth conversations with him about what went wrong. He walked away and that is all he wants. I am not even sure we could R they way things were left. I have learned a lot about myself and how easily I lose myself in relationships, always wanting to have the other person feeling loved and cared for. Anyway, I wouldn't say no to trying, just know it would take a lot of work from both of us

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have been separated for 5 months, and were completely on the road to divorce until a week ago... now he says he misses me, and he wants me back... I guess we shall see..

·
Registered
223 Posts
We have been living apart for 7 months (man, didn't realize it was that long) but literally seeing each other every day and spending the weekends together. About three week ago, she got tired of waiting for me to ask her to come back home and has decided to end the marriage (no talk of divorce though, just saying she feels like a door mat and the marriage is over....I guess I may be getting served soon). I tried to win her back but she does not want to hear anything from me AT ALL. Last night she blocked my phone number so I cannot text or call her any more.

So I guess, now is the real separation, as there is no way for me to talk to her and she is saying the marriage is over. I am 100% committed to saving the marriage. At this point, I am praying and fasting over the marriage and for intervention. I expect this to be a happy ending. I know what I was doing wrong and am anxious to show her the new husband who is at home waiting for her.

·
Registered
226 Posts
We have been living apart for 7 months (man, didn't realize it was that long) but literally seeing each other every day and spending the weekends together. About three week ago, she got tired of waiting for me to ask her to come back home and has decided to end the marriage (no talk of divorce though, just saying she feels like a door mat and the marriage is over....I guess I may be getting served soon). I tried to win her back but she does not want to hear anything from me AT ALL. Last night she blocked my phone number so I cannot text or call her any more.

So I guess, now is the real separation, as there is no way for me to talk to her and she is saying the marriage is over. I am 100% committed to saving the marriage. At this point, I am praying and fasting over the marriage and for intervention. I expect this to be a happy ending. I know what I was doing wrong and am anxious to show her the new husband who is at home waiting for her.
Don't give up even when the going gets tough. If there is no divorce talk then just try to stay positive and good luck.

·
Registered
16,640 Posts
Was put out on the street by STBXW some 17 months ago, basically to help facilitate her trysts with her two out-of-town BF's; and with her richly declaring that R is definitely not an option. The D could occur anywhere from the middle of this month to whenever God knows when. We're just waiting to hear from her lawyer about their next move.

And as my counsel has so aptly pointed out, "let's just see how bad that she really wants this divorce!"

·
Registered
7 Posts
My H and i were separated for 2 1/2 years. We too had those ups and downs and talks with divorce lawyers and all that. Came pretty close about 6 months ago. BUT we are reconciled and we are working on our marriage. We were together 10 years before separation.. Good Luck to you and its true.. You dont get what you "wish" for, you get what you "work" for. That has been my motto for awhile now...

·
Banned
178 Posts
4 months and we don't talk to each other anymore. He seems happy with the choice he made, but he still wont actually pull the trigger and go file, which pisses me off.

·
Banned
178 Posts
That must be difficult!!
He left me right before the birth of our first child that we planned.

So no, not really difficult. Just annoying.

·
Banned
178 Posts
Oh my! He's out of his mind!!!! So he wasn't there to witness it?
He was, but he stayed in the corner...and he left the hospital a bunch and stayed in a separate room and watched TV the majority of the time. He held my hand once but apparently it was when I was asleep. The baby and I almost died. (I passed out due to blood loss.)

The hand holding at the hospital made no sense. He also tried to lead me on by saying he "didn't know" what he wanted and hugged me. Then two days later told me that we weren't good for each other and to stop harassing him.(Which I wasn't, I only talked to him when he came over to visit the baby, which isn't often)

And we haven't talked since.

·
Registered
223 Posts
He was, but he stayed in the corner...and he left the hospital a bunch and stayed in a separate room and watched TV the majority of the time. He held my hand once but apparently it was when I was asleep. The baby and I almost died. (I passed out due to blood loss.)

The hand holding at the hospital made no sense. He also tried to lead me on by saying he "didn't know" what he wanted and hugged me. Then two days later told me that we weren't good for each other and to stop harassing him.(Which I wasn't, I only talked to him when he came over to visit the baby, which isn't often)

And we haven't talked since.
He is so going to regret that he did that.

·
Banned
178 Posts
He is so going to regret that he did that.
I don't know if he will ever regret anything...he seems very happy with his freedom and no contact from me. He comes to visit the baby 2 or 3 times a month... and the visits only last an hour.But he says nothing to me, and doesn't even look at me.

But I guess a part of me hopes that he will regret it someday.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I don't know if he will ever regret anything...he seems very happy with his freedom and no contact from me. He comes to visit the baby 2 or 3 times a month... and the visits only last an hour.But he says nothing to me, and doesn't even look at me.

But I guess a part of me hopes that he will regret it someday.
He will. It's a baby. It's his baby.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.