Talk About Marriage banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,831 Posts
I don't see how my life could have been worse, to be honest. I feel like I totally wasted it by always doing what other people wanted me to do. Of course, I could be working in a tin mine, but you know what I mean...
If you’re working in a tin mine by choice then maybe not so bad. I can’t think of anything worse than having a life with no options. When you have no options then you’re not free. That sucks man, I’m sorry you feel that way.

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
If you’re working in a tin mine by choice then maybe not so bad. I can’t think of anything worse than having a life with no options. When you have no options then you’re not free. That sucks man, I’m sorry you feel that way.
I did have options, but I got along with things not to upset people. It's a character flaw I have. Ultimately, it's my fault.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
If I could make a change, it would be to meet her even sooner.
If I met my wife earlier and if I asked her out on a date, or she asked me out on a date. I would have (without regret) dumped her in short order, to avoid wasting my time with her.

Since she wouldn’t have shared sex with me early on. Having maintained her virginity, till she was near to turning 26 (which was when we met).

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
I'd choose my second wife again, absolutely, and I continue to choose her every day. I'd definitely not pick my first wife again.

Reactions: so_sweet

·
Registered
159 Posts
I haven't done one of these question threads in a long time! Just to be clear, this thread is just for discussion purposes, I'm not asking because I need help with a problem.

Question:
If you had the choice to start your life again, would you still choose to be with your spouse/significant other? Why or why not?

Editing to add:

To clarify, what is meant by the question is would you pick your spouse again and live the same life that you are living with them and have been living with them -- including any mistakes.

However, of course feel free to interpret the question and answer however you'd like (for example, you would choose your spouse again but only if you could change XYZ).
i,m not sure,my wife is a sexual eunuch,she has no imagination and will make me feel like a pervert,for asking for something different.and when i ask her if she would like to try something new she says i always enjoy what we do.so if i were to remarry her i would like her to know more about sex.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I think all those who have been married for a number of years and have responded "yes" have the commitment I was hoping to find but have not. I am divorced and there is no way I would marry the same man. However, I do wish I would have found the right one the first time when I was young and we could ahve raised our family together and grown old together.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts