Talk About Marriage banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I haven't done one of these question threads in a long time! Just to be clear, this thread is just for discussion purposes, I'm not asking because I need help with a problem.

Question:
If you had the choice to start your life again, would you still choose to be with your spouse/significant other? Why or why not?

Editing to add:

To clarify, what is meant by the question is would you pick your spouse again and live the same life that you are living with them and have been living with them -- including any mistakes.

However, of course feel free to interpret the question and answer however you'd like (for example, you would choose your spouse again but only if you could change XYZ).

· Registered
5,341 Posts
I haven't done one of these question threads in a long time! Just to be clear, this thread is just for discussion purposes, I'm not asking because I need help with a problem.

Question:
If you had the choice to start your life again, would you still choose to be with your spouse/significant other? Why or why not?
No. I think marriage is not for me. Though, I will continue since I don't believe in divorce.

· Registered
2,184 Posts
yes yes yes , the only thing i would change is not wait to have sex as long

Reactions: Works and so_sweet

· Registered
2,625 Posts

Question:
Ouch.

Count on @so_sweet to ask unanswerable questions :)

I can't imagine answering yes and I can't imagine answering no.
You've broken my imagination. Add it to the list of things that are 'BeyondRepair'
o_O

· Premium Member
6,723 Posts
If you had the choice to start my life again, not only would I still choose to be with my Beloved Hubby--I'd choose to meet him in 1986 and have him be my one and only! I wish I had been wise enough to wait for the right man!

· Premium Member
20,545 Posts

Question:
This is such an unfair question!

If we knew what we know now (back then), most would likely do little or nothing, the same way.
To say otherwise, means making the same damn mistakes, AGAIN!

To be fair, you may have picked a great life partner....for you.
Say, three Hail Mary's and count your blessings!

On your question?
No comment!

· Premium Member
529 Posts
Yes, without question. I married up actually and I would not be the man I am now, without her. In fact, I doubt I would be alive and I if so, I highly doubt be as happy as I am.

My wife is truly a wonderful woman, wife, mother and grand-mother. She is intelligent, caring, empathetic, forgiving (really important being married to me), beautiful and moral.

In my 58 years on Earth, she has been by my side for 40 of them. Regardless of the stresses, issues or hurts, she has never wavered in her love for me or her commitment to us.

· Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is such an unfair question!

If we knew what we know now (back then), most would likely do little or nothing, the same way.
To say otherwise, means making the same damn mistakes, AGAIN!

To be fair, you may have picked a great life partner....for you.
Say, three Hail Mary's and count your blessings!

On your question?
No comment!
Fair enough, maybe I didn't write the question clearly --

What is meant by the question is:
Would you pick your spouse again and live the same life that you are living with them and have been living with them -- same "damn mistakes" and all! :)

· Premium Member
20,545 Posts
If you had the choice to start my life again, not only would I still choose to be with my Beloved Hubby--I'd choose to meet him in 1986 and have him be my one and only! I wish I had been wise enough to wait for the right man!
C'mon dear lady, you know that this rarely happens!

Most, need that humility, made close, to see life's true bounties.

Reaching maturity is rarely met at majority age.

Tragedy, is that eye opener for many.

Intelligence life and living, is not common.

Hah, lucky beloved Hubby, nonetheless!

God Bless!

· Premium Member
20,545 Posts
I'd try to but it probably wouldn't work out that way with all the teenage sex I'd be getting
Yes, but while you are busy screwing those rabbits........ the good girls will be snapped up by, also, good men.

Keepers are rightly, held tight.

Reactions: Works and Rus47

· Premium Member
20,545 Posts

· Registered
2,625 Posts
Sometimes I wish that my wife had been my first.
I had that one moment to pick the right girl which would have been harder or the wrong girl which was easy (in more ways than one).

What an idiot I was. I'd love to relive that time and choose the right girl.
But I wouldn't be here now, and the path not taken may have even bigger potholes. So trade-off I guess.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts