Talk About Marriage banner

If you despise the opposite gender, why get married?

4K views 72 replies 29 participants last post by  RebuildingMe 
#1 ·
My ex wife and her mom absolutely hate men. Sadly, I found that out slowly after marriage. I see the way she treats my daughter and how she treats my son a lot differently. We have posters on TAM that clearly don’t respect or even like the opposite sex, yet they are married. Why? Wouldn’t it be better to not marry your mortal enemy?

#46 ·
I don't think most of these people (women and men) actually truly hate their opposite gender. They are just as hateful towards their own gender if someone disagrees with them...because they just HATE.

People like that are so self-entitled and generally have stronger narcissistic characteristics that make relating very precarious for them. They take everything as personally threatening that doesn't validate them in some way, and are SO self-centered that they cannot tolerate when they don't get what they want. They have no generosity or openness, so their attitudes are poison, no matter who they target with their disapproval.

#48 ·
I don't think most of these people (women and men) actually truly hate their opposite gender. They are just as hateful towards their own gender if someone disagrees with them...because they just HATE.

People like that are so self-entitled and generally have stronger narcissistic characteristics that make relating very precarious for them. They take everything as personally threatening that doesn't validate them in some way, and are SO self-centered that they cannot tolerate when they don't get what they want. They have no generosity or openness, so their attitudes are poison, no matter who they target with their disapproval.
Ha! Some people just either have way too much time on their hands or need to feel important.

#53 ·
Not to knock my own gender, but most older guys are kind of gross...Add to that bitterness from life issues...Its no wonder why a lot of women swear off men....lol.

But despise/hate are pretty strong words...If it gets to that level, then its probably just some issues they have that they haven't been able to process...

To a lesser degree that men harbor these feelings. Even if 100 women effed them over in the past they'll walk past some woman on the street and be like. " ooooh...boobies" 😄

#72 ·
A couple thoughts.

My ex-MIL sets off a gaydar for anyone that is equipped with one. Any inconvenience in her life is generally attributed to "a stupid man" and she'd "rather kill [ex-FIL] than divorce him". The relationship is toxic enough that I think both of them are staying in it so that they can be there when the other one dies.

In my experience the difference between older guys and older women in terms of looks is there but not a huge difference. I do think that women are a lot more likely to associate with people that would judge the way that they maintain their looks. I don't necessarily consider that an advantage.

In a general sense, I do think there's a lot of women that have been trained to think that a lot of the ills in their life and in society are the result of "the patriarchy" and therefore the fault of men in general. That "toxic masculinity" is a pervasive, widespread problem that stunts men and harms women. If such a person is heterosexual, then at least from the outside it would look like they hate the opposite gender while wanting to be in a relationship with one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.