Talk About Marriage banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
It’s sad, but that is spot on. That was my marriage. After the kids were born, she became evil towards me and now is carrying that over to my son, who is still too young to get a full grasp of what’s going on. Why? Because he was born with a penis? She treats his twin sister like gold. Buys her whatever she wants. They already have a co-dependent relationship, just like ex has with her mother.

I do see the other stories and posts on here. It’s so clear they despise the opposite gender. It reads through so clearly. Yet they are married. How do they treat their spouses? Like dog meat?
I’m sorry this happened to you. :(

Not to defend these types of people but their behavior may stem from abuse or neglect etc from the opposite sex parent when they were growing up. Like your son may grow up to not trust women because of your ex wife/his mom, and the cycle goes on…I’m just guessing, but either way, it is not fun to be on the receiving end of someone like your ex. No matter what you did, it probably was never enough.

I hope you are in a better relationship now or you will find one, someday.☀

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
I’ve known and/or worked with several women who got divorced with kids to then get into a relationship with another woman. They are all in there 40’s, 50’s and 60’s. I think it’s more common then people realize. At least that makes sense to me. If my ex was with a woman, that would make perfect sense. But she’s not.
I have seen a lot of that as well....But from what I hear and know, these relationships aren't sexual...They are more like a partnership of like values and life goals..

Let's face it....women generally love the company of other women...

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I have seen a lot of that as well....But from what I hear and know, these relationships aren't sexual...They are more like a partnership of like values and life goals..

I believe I read somewhere that lesbians have the least amount of sex out of any partnership and gay men have the most. Which makes sense when you pair men and women up, it’s usually the man complaining about the lack of sex in the relationship. I often wondered if these women become lesbians later in life because they don’t want to be sexual anymore?

·
Registered
8,449 Posts

A lot of lesbian relationships can start out very sexual and then within a fairly short period of time become almost sexless.

They are still more comfortable and feel more kinship and companionate than they would a man, but for a lot of lesbian relationships, the sexual component fades away fairly quickly.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
I often wondered if these women become lesbians later in life because they don’t want to be sexual anymore?
This is probably a topic worth it's own discussion, but I don't think it is a case of them intentionally not wanting to be sexual and seeking sexual refuge within a same sex relationship.

The clinical psychologist, therapist and podcaster Dr Psych Mom talks a lot about this in her articles and podcasts. Women in long term monogamous relationships very often will lose a lot of their spontaneous desire and may only have some periodic bumps in libido while ovulating. They can still have responsive desire if the relationship is intact, they still like their partners and still find them somewhat attractive, and their partners are able to flip on their responsive desire switches.

So when you put two women together, you have two people that have lost their spontaneous desire and neither one is really putting forth the initiative to stimulate the other's desire.

In traditional male-female relationships, you at least have a horny guy willing to be bold and make things happen.

A lot of these women would probably reignite their fire if someone new comes along and triggers their NRE which in turn resets their spontaneous desire for awhile. Rinse and Repeat.

Otherwise if not acted upon by an outside force, their sexual desire can go dormant for a looooong time.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
I don't think most of these people (women and men) actually truly hate their opposite gender. They are just as hateful towards their own gender if someone disagrees with them...because they just HATE.

People like that are so self-entitled and generally have stronger narcissistic characteristics that make relating very precarious for them. They take everything as personally threatening that doesn't validate them in some way, and are SO self-centered that they cannot tolerate when they don't get what they want. They have no generosity or openness, so their attitudes are poison, no matter who they target with their disapproval.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
My ex wife and her mom absolutely hate men. Sadly, I found that out slowly after marriage. I see the way she treats my daughter and how she treats my son a lot differently. We have posters on TAM that clearly don’t respect or even like the opposite sex, yet they are married. Why? Wouldn’t it be better to not marry your mortal enemy?
When I see married people mistreating their spouses, I wonder that too. Then again, I've seen people who seem to thrive under that treatment. The ones who actually try to treat people well seem to get kicked in their ass for it (ask me how I know). So, I don't know what to make of this quite frankly.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I don't think most of these people (women and men) actually truly hate their opposite gender. They are just as hateful towards their own gender if someone disagrees with them...because they just HATE.

People like that are so self-entitled and generally have stronger narcissistic characteristics that make relating very precarious for them. They take everything as personally threatening that doesn't validate them in some way, and are SO self-centered that they cannot tolerate when they don't get what they want. They have no generosity or openness, so their attitudes are poison, no matter who they target with their disapproval.
Ha! Some people just either have way too much time on their hands or need to feel important.

·
Registered
19,686 Posts
There’s clearly a lot of differences between the genders and I can appreciate that. I also know enough that I won’t get married again and I am very upfront about that. However, there seems to be a part of the population that doesn’t like the opposite sex, but nevertheless commits themselves to marriage with them. How? Why? 🤷‍♂️
I will never understand how anyone can hate or blame billions of people because of what one or two did. To be so full of hate that you treat a child of one sex differently than a child of the other sex is plain abuse.

·
Registered
19,686 Posts
My sex drive has an on/off switch unlike many people, and it's off at the moment. Yet I don't hate the opposite sex, that's just silly.

I think it's more due to what they are exposed to, if they have had decent women throughout their life even if the relationships didn't work out, like me, there's not much room for hate.
I have had lots of reason to hate men in my life but how stupid that would be to blame all men for what a few did? Madness.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
I have had lots of reason to hate men in my life but how stupid that would be to blame all men for what a few did? Madness.
Hate is a feeling and the nature of feelings is to be illogical. Have you ever known someone who was once bitten by a dog and they hated dogs the rest of their life? It's the same thing. A lot of our isms, racism, sexism, etc, start like this.

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
Not to knock my own gender, but most older guys are kind of gross...Add to that bitterness from life issues...Its no wonder why a lot of women swear off men....lol.

But despise/hate are pretty strong words...If it gets to that level, then its probably just some issues they have that they haven't been able to process...

To a lesser degree that men harbor these feelings. Even if 100 women effed them over in the past they'll walk past some woman on the street and be like. " ooooh...boobies" 😄

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Not to knock my own gender, but most older guys are kind of gross...Add to that bitterness from life issues...Its no wonder why a lot of women swear off men....lol.

But despise/hate are pretty strong words...If it gets to that level, then its probably just some issues they have that they haven't been able to process...

To a lesser degree that men harbor these feelings. Even if 100 women effed them over in the past they'll walk past some woman on the street and be like. " ooooh...boobies" 😄
Yep.

“Ooohh…. Boobies.”

Dammit. Gets me every time.

·
Registered
21,556 Posts
My ex wife and her mom absolutely hate men. Sadly, I found that out slowly after marriage. I see the way she treats my daughter and how she treats my son a lot differently. We have posters on TAM that clearly don’t respect or even like the opposite sex, yet they are married. Why? Wouldn’t it be better to not marry your mortal enemy?
Horniness?🧐

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Sometimes, you don't know what you're getting into until after you get married and pregnant. That's what happened to me. Some people show who they are when for some, it's too late.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·

No matter how much I’ve been crapped on, I’ll still stop in my tracks for boobies!

41 - 60 of 73 Posts