Talk About Marriage banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
My ex wife and her mom absolutely hate men. Sadly, I found that out slowly after marriage. I see the way she treats my daughter and how she treats my son a lot differently. We have posters on TAM that clearly don’t respect or even like the opposite sex, yet they are married. Why? Wouldn’t it be better to not marry your mortal enemy?
I have a communist (lesbian in the closet) aunt who openly hates men to the point that, during the last Christmas a few years back, she said couples ought to be given the chance to kill the newborn if it's a boy. THIS, as my 3 year old took his nap in the BoogaBoo.

I threw her out of the house because of this, and the family doesn't get together anymore because of the way I handled the situation. Everyone tried to minimize her behavior even though she was making some outlandish off-the-cuff comments but I had enough.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
It’s funny but the happiest marriages I see in real life are the childless ones.
Some people are clueless on how much work it takes to raise children. They think, "hey everybody is having kids...let's do it too". It adds a lot of stress on marriages no doubt. And if you both aren't on the same page, it can crush a marriage.

·
Premium Member
21,149 Posts
I think a lot of people of both genders start to hate the opposite sex, once that urge in their crotch is gone....
My sex drive has an on/off switch unlike many people, and it's off at the moment. Yet I don't hate the opposite sex, that's just silly.

I think it's more due to what they are exposed to, if they have had decent women throughout their life even if the relationships didn't work out, like me, there's not much room for hate.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
From the stories I’ve read on here, it honestly sounds like revenge is their reason. They marry, and literally spend the duration of their marriage mentally and emotionally abusing their spouses, until they divorce. And then they continue to abuse them during the divorce, as well. There are quite a few painful stories on here to that effect. :cry:

·
Premium Member
19,673 Posts
How can the sexes not love one-another?
How can a man not love his own rib?
How can a woman not love her own bones?

Circe-

• Love
Reactions: ConanHub

·
Premium Member
19,673 Posts
The key and the lock are purposed for that, in and out, up and down, porpoising.

Circe-

·
Premium Member
19,673 Posts
A woman’s soft form is made to be caressed by a man’s hands and soon soothed.
Those hands were, once calloused, soon smoothed.

Circe-

·
Premium Member
19,673 Posts
A man is built to stand very close and then to enter, a woman is built to take him in.
This is the purpose of the sexes, the rest of the pact between the two is helpful, but secondary.

Circe-

Reactions: Ragnar Ragnasson

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
Back in my mid 20s I was in a LTR with a woman that was a few years older than me. At first it was great and I thought I had hit one out of the ballpark.

She had a very strong and forward personality - which I liked. She didn't take sht off anyone - which I liked. She was very upfront with what she liked and what she wanted as well as upfront about what she didn't want - which I liked. She was a good bit of a tomboy and liked outdoorsy stuff and wasn't afraid to get her hands dirty - which I liked. She was a self-proclaimed feminist and was all about equal rights and opportunity etc- which I thought was admirable. She had a very strong and assertive libido - which I LOVED! :p

She was a seemingly great match for me initially and we even discussed a future together and she was upfront and clear that she wanted to get married, have a family etc etc.

However as time wore on (or should I say as NRE wore off) she was getting more and more bitter and resentful and just seemed angry at me ALL THE TIME,

This was all pretty much blamed on me. I wasn't loving enough. I wasn't compliant and accomidating enough. I wasn't sensitive to her feelings and her needs enough. I was selfish and self centered. I was too self indulgent in my own interests and hobbies etc. The sex always remained frequent and hot but I was still being blamed that men are horny pigs and just want to screw every female that walks.

.......and the biggie is I wasn't committing soon enough or moving forward fast enough ( I was 26 at the time and making some educational and career changes.

At first I was accepting the blame and I kept dancing harder and bending myself into pretzels to try to appease her and accommodate her, but it kept getting worse. Her anger and contempt were getting worse but it was becoming apparent that it wasn't just me, but was often being directed towards the whole male race.

Now this was getting to be late 80s and at the height of the Oprah Winfrey manbasing era where basically all pop culture was oriented to bashing men, calling men scum, men were the root of all evil in the world, every sitcom and tv show portrayed men as complete bumbling idiots and bafoons etc so for a while I just thought it was a sign of the times.

But as time went forward and she was getting more contemptuous, I began to shift from dancing harder and trying to appease her, to becoming fed up and angry and resentful myself. And as she pushed harder for commitment and bashing me for not stepping up to the plate and quote, "being a man" unquote,,,, I started pushing back and finally admitting that the relationship in it's current state was not working for me and that we would not be moving forward. She asked me to move in together - I said no. She gave me the ultimatum of being engaged in a year, "or else..." and I opted for the "or else."

Neither one of us technically broke up with the other at that point, but things took a heavy downhill spiral for a few weeks.

I'll cut to the chase here... she basically came up with every excuse in the book for a couple weeks and I strongly suspected she had started seeing someone else.

I was right, she had met someone else and had started seeing that person and in less than a month was moving in with the other person.

I am sure you have all guessed the punchline long ago but I was young and naive at the time..... The other person was a WOMAN.

Everything became chrystal clear at that point and everything made sense.

cont...

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
cont...

What was kind of freaky about it is she still DENIED it. She was claiming the "Just Friends" excuse. She never did actually admit to it at that time.

Regardless, we ended things amicably and departed on good terms and went our separate ways.

That was 30 years ago.

A handful of years ago, I made a cross-country trip across the US visiting old friends and classmates that had scattered to the 4 corners of the earth and contacted her as she had moved away many years prior and was on the route to see some other friends.

We got together and had a nice long chat about the course our lives had taken and reflected back on our relationship.

She finally confessed decades later that she gay and had finally comes to terms with it and had been living a lesbian lifestyle since our break up.

She said she did not have any daddy issues or any history of abuse or maltreatment by men, and that since coming to terms with her orientation she no longer manbashed or had any resentments towards men and actually like them quite a bit. ...... She just couldn't be in a relationship with them. She needed the emotional connection and bonding and closeness and affection that she could only get with women.

She said she was sincere in that she loved me and wanted to marry me and have kids and a family with me,,, but as our relationship wore on, she just could no longer fight her actual nature (she was 30 when we split)

She wanted to live the traditional lifestyle with the 2.2 kids and the little house with the white picket fence,,,, but she just couldn't achieve that 24/7 with a man.

So where I am going with my little novel here is I wonder how many of these people that just seem to have an underlying resentment and incompatibility are,, shall we say,, better served by being with their own gender instead.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
From the stories I’ve read on here, it honestly sounds like revenge is their reason. They marry, and literally spend the duration of their marriage mentally and emotionally abusing their spouses, until they divorce. And then they continue to abuse them during the divorce, as well. There are quite a few painful stories on here to that effect. :cry:
It’s sad, but that is spot on. That was my marriage. After the kids were born, she became evil towards me and now is carrying that over to my son, who is still too young to get a full grasp of what’s going on. Why? Because he was born with a penis? She treats his twin sister like gold. Buys her whatever she wants. They already have a co-dependent relationship, just like ex has with her mother.

I do see the other stories and posts on here. It’s so clear they despise the opposite gender. It reads through so clearly. Yet they are married. How do they treat their spouses? Like dog meat?

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
cont...

What was kind of freaky about it is she still DENIED it. She was claiming the "Just Friends" excuse. She never did actually admit to it at that time.

Regardless, we ended things amicably and departed on good terms and went our separate ways.

That was 30 years ago.

A handful of years ago, I made a cross-country trip across the US visiting old friends and classmates that had scattered to the 4 corners of the earth and contacted her as she had moved away many years prior and was on the route to see some other friends.

We got together and had a nice long chat about the course our lives had taken and reflected back on our relationship.

She finally confessed decades later that she gay and had finally comes to terms with it and had been living a lesbian lifestyle since our break up.

She said she did not have any daddy issues or any history of abuse or maltreatment by men, and that since coming to terms with her orientation she no longer manbashed or had any resentments towards men and actually like them quite a bit. ...... She just couldn't be in a relationship with them. She needed the emotional connection and bonding and closeness and affection that she could only get with women.

She said she was sincere in that she loved me and wanted to marry me and have kids and a family with me,,, but as our relationship wore on, she just could no longer fight her actual nature (she was 30 when we split)

She wanted to live the traditional lifestyle with the 2.2 kids and the little house with the white picket fence,,,, but she just couldn't achieve that 24/7 with a man.

So where I am going with my little novel here is I wonder how many of these people that just seem to have an underlying resentment and incompatibility are,, shall we say,, better served by being with their own gender instead.
I’ve known and/or worked with several women who got divorced with kids to then get into a relationship with another woman. They are all in there 40’s, 50’s and 60’s. I think it’s more common then people realize. At least that makes sense to me. If my ex was with a woman, that would make perfect sense. But she’s not.

·
Registered
634 Posts
My 1st serious relationship I was 17 and fell in love, was pregnant by 20 had baby at 21. Short story he was physically, mentally, emotionally abusive. I got black eyes, bruises on body, big gash back of my head lots of blood, nose bleeds, punched, kicked, hit with objects. He wasn't violent when I met him, but as soon as he put that engagement ring on my finger he changed. I'd left home, nowhere to go etc and even took an overdose. Falling pregnant saved my life. I left because I wasn't going to bring my baby up in an abusive home.

The reason for talking about above, I absolutely hated all men after that.

What I do know now is not all men are monsters. I'm 55 now and the last man to hit me was that ex when I was 20 years old. For 35 years I can honestly say I haven't met 1 bad man and I've met hundreds lol. There are many many many good, decent men in this world. It's the women you have to watch lol.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
So the TLDR version is I wonder if for SOME people, it's not really "hate" per se, especially if it is in the absence of any abuse or mistreatment by opposite sex or any daddy or mommy issues or anything.

But rather the result of chronic, long term frustration and dissatisfaction of people of the opposite sex not meeting their needs due their basic orientation. They don't 'hate' the opposite sex, and in fact may really like them and feel a kinship with them and relate well to them platonically.

But to be partnered with them leads them to become chronically frustrated and exasperated because there is no yin/yang type connection.

The chronic frustration and dissatisfaction leads to resentment. Resentment leads to bitterness. And if allowed to continue, bitterness leads to hate. And as we all learned from Master Yoda, hate leads to suffering.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
I’ve known and/or worked with several women who got divorced with kids to then get into a relationship with another woman. They are all in there 40’s, 50’s and 60’s. I think it’s more common then people realize. At least that makes sense to me. If my ex was with a woman, that would make perfect sense. But she’s not.
I've had close personal relationships with 2 lesbians and had a 3way with one of them and her female partner in my lifetime.
In my naivette' I always thought that lesbianism was a sexual thing and that gay chicks simply found women prettier and sexier and softer etc than men. I mean, don't we all.

However of the ones that I have known intimately, all were horndogs. all were very highly sexual and loved the schlong and had had high-energy sexual relationships with men.

All of them wanted to have traditional home and family and little house with the white picket fence.

There was just something inside them that prevented them from making that final click into place with men in a mutually satisfying LTR.

You can feel their frustration and exasperation, and it does boil over into resentment.

I think if any of these gals had married and had kids with a typical man, it would have ended with much resentment and anger.

No matter how adaptable accommodating a typical man can be, the one thing he cannot be is a woman.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
My ex wife and her mom absolutely hate men. Sadly, I found that out slowly after marriage. I see the way she treats my daughter and how she treats my son a lot differently. We have posters on TAM that clearly don’t respect or even like the opposite sex, yet they are married. Why? Wouldn’t it be better to not marry your mortal enemy?
In the case of my ex-MIL, she is a hardcore feminist. Like the hardcore ones from the 70s.

She is very aggressive and forward with her views. Very much the opposite of the sneaky manipulation tactics of my exwife. Needless to say, ex-MIL never liked me. 😂

Of course the feeling was mutual.

At least I had a good run and kept her from completely brain washing her daughter for at least a little while, but I ended up losing in the end. She had too much influence over my exwife. It’s why I put in so much effort to thwart the feminists here from converting more good women.

Anywho, why did my ex-MIL marry my ex-FIL?

Power.

She LOVES power. My ex-FIL is the simpiest simp that ever simped. Oh the stories I have. She married him because she loves having power over him. The way she treats him is exactly what her kind love to do. That guy is always under her thumb. She would demean him any chance she had. In public. In my house. In their house. It was constant.

Some people are just messed up in the head and get a lot of enjoyment out of treating others like garbage.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
It’s sad, but that is spot on. That was my marriage. After the kids were born, she became evil towards me and now is carrying that over to my son, who is still too young to get a full grasp of what’s going on. Why? Because he was born with a penis? She treats his twin sister like gold. Buys her whatever she wants. They already have a co-dependent relationship, just like ex has with her mother.

I do see the other stories and posts on here. It’s so clear they despise the opposite gender. It reads through so clearly. Yet they are married. How do they treat their spouses? Like dog meat?
One of my biggest life long goals here. Thankfully, my exwife isn’t as terrible as her mother, but she is still pretty damn bad.

I am going to do everything I can to break this cycle. I do not want my daughter to end up like her mother or grand mother. I want my daughter to be a normal person that treats everyone with kindness and respect.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts