Talk About Marriage banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ex wife and her mom absolutely hate men. Sadly, I found that out slowly after marriage. I see the way she treats my daughter and how she treats my son a lot differently. We have posters on TAM that clearly don’t respect or even like the opposite sex, yet they are married. Why? Wouldn’t it be better to not marry your mortal enemy?

·
Registered
310 Posts
My ex wife and her mom absolutely hate men. Sadly, I found that out slowly after marriage. I see the way she treats my daughter and how she treats my son a lot differently. We have posters on TAM that clearly don’t respect or even like the opposite sex, yet they are married. Why? Wouldn’t it be better to not marry your mortal enemy?
Yes....clearly if this is accurate, they should not be married. It doesn't make sense does it.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes....clearly if this is accurate, they should not be married. It doesn't make sense does it.
There’s clearly a lot of differences between the genders and I can appreciate that. I also know enough that I won’t get married again and I am very upfront about that. However, there seems to be a part of the population that doesn’t like the opposite sex, but nevertheless commits themselves to marriage with them. How? Why? 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
310 Posts
There’s clearly a lot of differences between the genders and I can appreciate that. I also know enough that I won’t get married again and I am very upfront about that. However, there seems to be a part of the population that doesn’t like the opposite sex, but nevertheless commits themselves to marriage with them. How? Why? 🤷‍♂️
It's a great question 🤔...I want to say it's part of the human condition, but that wouldn't make sense. I think women are hard wired to procreate. And maybe some having done that then hate what they have gotten themselves into ? I don't know that there is an accurate answer , just opinions on the subject. HELL just look at some of the man haters on TAM... I ask myself the same question 😕

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
I assume some women hate men because of something that happened in their past. For example, they hate their Dad for some reason and now think all men are bad.

But that’s a good question about why they marry. Maybe to have kids or because that’s what society says they should do?

·
Administrator
48,441 Posts
I assume some women hate men because of something that happened in their past. For example, they hate their Dad for some reason and now think all men are bad.

But that’s a good question about why they marry. Maybe to have kids or because that’s what society says they should do?
I'm sure that there are some women seem to hate men for whatever reason. There are also some men who seem to hate women for whatever reason. It's most likely a self-protection mechanism.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Maybe that person wants a scalp?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Thats an easy one! Boys have cooties. But sometimes they are irresistible cooties. 🙂

I’ve wondered this myself a few times honestly. I think, in some cases getting burned in a relationship (or thinking so) can turn people super bitter. I’ve seen it many times. Or perhaps they become bitter and disillusioned or disappointed in their current relationship and it’s just easier to blame the entire opposite gender instead of looking inward. Some people are kind of… injected with sexism from a parent, that could be your ex and her mom. I guess it could be a whole litany of reasons. People are messed up. More simply put.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
My ex wife and her mom absolutely hate men. Sadly, I found that out slowly after marriage. I see the way she treats my daughter and how she treats my son a lot differently.
It could be the way your MIL raised her daughter and the way your ex is raising your daughter.

I think that people whose parents deeply love each other and stay married are great role models for their children and the people your children marry.

Then again there is the praying mantis theory where once a woman has sex with a man she will eat his head off.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
It happens with both genders, but I think it’s a minority.
On the women’s side, there are some bitter, chip-on-shoulder adversarial types that are absolutely insufferable. But you can usually identify them fairly quickly, they’re generally not good at hiding it.
And then you have the angry, MGTOW dudes who think all wamen are out to get them. In reality, they’re just losers who don’t know how to play the game and aren’t willing to learn.

Either way, they’re really not worth anyone’s time or attention, just be aware that they’re out there and try to steer clear.

·
Registered
288 Posts

If theyre both narcissists the answer is simple: to manipulate them.

For a narc, everything is a game. Its almost they dont know what reality is.

I know the vast majority of higher narc spectrum are men, so when it happens to be a woman we all get very blindsided, but google the caracterisyics and check if thats the case.

You willhave to work double with your kids to try to undo what they show them, bc higher narc spectrum is half genetics and half what you see home. Pray God helps you with your kids.l, it helps.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It could be the way your MIL raised her daughter and the way your ex is raising your daughter.

I think that people whose parents deeply love each other and stay married are great role models for their children and the people your children marry.

Then again there is the praying mantis theory where once a woman has sex with a man she will eat his head off.
Yes, I agree. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. If this is how ex was raised, this is how she will raise our daughter.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts