Talk About Marriage banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
I was with my first from 1997 til 2018 and have 2 children with her so... probably.

There has been consistently better sex since starting a new relationship and sex wasn't that frequent at the end but that's pretty common for dying marriages and dead feelings. So many wasted opportunities and years.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes, I like that my husband and I have only been with each other. To only have that sense of connection with my husband makes me value the relationship more and feel more committed than I would if I knew there were a handful (or more) of other men out there who'd seen and touched every part of me. I like that we learned everything with each other--and over two decades later we still occasionally learn something new!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yes, I like that my husband and I have only been with each other. To only have that sense of connection with my husband makes me value the relationship more and feel more committed than I would if I knew there were a handful (or more) of other men out there who'd seen and touched every part of me. I like that we learned everything with each other--and over two decades later we still occasionally learn something new!
That's really great. I wish I were the only man who touched my wife. but this did not happen.

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Yes, definitely. She was smart, beautiful, and fun.
That made me think about it. She was also smart, beautiful, and fun, and I remember it was in the fall, her house windows were open and through the window right above her bed when I looked up I could see her siblings out in the yard playing. Thankfully they were a good bit away from the house.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
657 Posts
Well, not to cast a shadow but in full truth, no.

My v card was taken without consent as a child, by an adult. This was repeated for years.

Now my first consenting experience? Given my history, yes. We were both CSA survivors and getting to choose each other was pretty wonderful and empowering.

If I could rewrite history, I would choose to have only been with my wife.
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 This is what I'm talking about. Too many don't understand the beauty in this.

And to answer the question, HELL NO. A grown man took my virginity at 16, it was consensual, but only because I was young and naive and he should have known better. Took complete advatage of my youth. I married that man at 19, he killed himself in March of this year and turned my world upside down. Forget how I feel about it all, I just worry for my child. Anywho.

I'd like to have my Vcard back to protect and nurture for a deserving barbarian @Conan of my own. Hope one day I'll have that without too much stupid in between.

·
Registered
22,827 Posts
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 This is what I'm talking about. Too many don't understand the beauty in this.

And to answer the question, HELL NO. A grown man took my virginity at 16, it was consensual, but only because I was young and naive and he should have known better. Took complete advatage of my youth. I married that man at 19, he killed himself in March of this year and turned my world upside down. Forget how I feel about it all, I just worry for my child. Anywho.

I'd like to have my Vcard back to protect and nurture for a deserving barbarian @Conan of my own. Hope one day I'll have that without too much stupid in between.
If anybody deserves a second go of it, you certainly do.

Keep a healthy outlook and I'm betting you'll encounter a good one.🙂

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
No. I would have waited. I was 23 and looking for the one. Seems like all the girls I was meeting/dating already had several notches on their bedposts. Many women do not understand what a guy that is waiting for "the one" goes through from other guys, because he has not just laid some little honey already.

If you are a parent, you can be proud of you son for it, but do not voice it to others! I basically gave up on finding a girl that had not already been screwing around, so I gave in to a teen mom that was chasing me, just so I can stop the ridicule of being a virgin. My wife and I both wish we had found each other first.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
4 decades for us, firsts and onlies

21 - 38 of 38 Posts