Talk About Marriage banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Nope.
It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good, either. And he later turned out to be a totally gross douchebag

If I knew then what I know now I'd have waited a year until I could drive, gone a county over, and used every scrap of youthful passion to break young DH's reality.:devilish:

·
Registered
9,089 Posts
Was she the best lover I ever had? Not by a long shot.

Would she have been “The One” and the best wife for me and mother of my children forever? No, not really when you put it like that. although she is a very good person and has been with her husband for 35 years and their children are successful and all seem happy on social media. ( Yes we are still friends on social media and do chit chat now and then)

We went down in flames and I was heartbroken for awhile when it all came crashing down ——

But —

it was the perfect summer romance and coming of age between my junior and senior year of high school when I was 17 and if I were to step into a wormhole and end up back at that time and place, I wouldn’t change a thing around that aspect. I would do it all again just as it went down in the summer and fall of 1981.

What I would change would be when things started to go bad and she started to cheat and turn ice cold to me a handful of months later I’d shed my tears for a day, then straighten myself up and walk away and not look back.

The initial romance and coming of age for both of us was storybook.

But what I now regret was the time I spent chasing her and negotiating with her and begging her and squeezing out another YEAR together of on and off, when I should have walked away when things went south at the 6 month mark.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
If you could go back, would you lose your virginity to the same person as you did?

To be perfectly honest, why not. Virginity is highly over-rated. I was ready to put that behind me. I had already done lots of making out with girls. I enjoyed bringing girls to orgasm and I enjoyed HJ's and Titty-F's. I didn't expect to go all the way that night. Thought I might get a BJ, but she wanted to go all the way.

In retrospect, I would have made sure I had condoms, but she didn't get pregnant, so that turned out OK. Yes, I was hormone crazed and dumb. I soon made sure I always had condoms if I was seriously dating anyone.

·
Registered
22,723 Posts
Well, not to cast a shadow but in full truth, no.

My v card was taken without consent as a child, by an adult. This was repeated for years.

Now my first consenting experience? Given my history, yes. We were both CSA survivors and getting to choose each other was pretty wonderful and empowering.

If I could rewrite history, I would choose to have only been with my wife.

·
Registered
745 Posts
No.

I did it for practical logical reasons. I was tired of being a virgin. He was sweet & trustworthy. I didn't love him. He didn't love me (although he claimed to). I knew he couldn't emotionally hurt me so it was "safe" to experiment with him.
I had no intent to initiate a relationship. Too socially inept and shy. Sort of Don Quixote protecting women's virtue. And mine, I guess.

I could not get it through my head that some women in my sphere were actually good with casual or recreational sex. The young lady who scored managed to get me into her hotel room. I panicked as this was not supposed to happen in my world and became passive. She was more practical about it. No emotion involved, just a hookup. I learned nothing outside the physical experience.

·
Registered
9,002 Posts
I was taking a course in lifeguard training and she was doing the same course and we ended up as partners. I suggested we practiced at my parents pool and she agreed. We started having sex immediately.
I was fourteen but I was tall for or my age and very fit, she was seventeen. Got my first bj for my fifteenth birthday.
I don’t think it would have worked out because I was just a way of getting back at her ex and I knew that.
Didn’t bother me though 😁

·
Registered
389 Posts
I lost my virginity back in the Jurassic period when I was 14 to a girl who was 15 at the time. We were at the same school in Romford, Essex, England.
So long ago that I can`t even remember her name or what she looked like now.
But I do remember thinking, SEX: is that all it is?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts