Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish I didn't get so upset when I see those posts, but I do. I wish I was raving on my anniversary about how much I love my husband, and what an amazing man and father he is. I feel like I see these every other day, and then all of my resolve to turn a new page just crumples. :(

I've already hidden the ones who post about their husbands constantly (and frankly, I suspect that they're trying to convince themselves as much as they're trying to convince me).

Am I overreacting to quit FB, or am I doing what I need to do to keep myself from getting depressed? Does anyone else know what I'm talking about, or do I just have a particularly disgustingly happy group of friends?

·
Registered
561 Posts
You are not overreacting about quitting facebook. If you have regulars on there that you really like then get their email addresses and keep in contact with them that way. But if it depresses you and upsets you then why keep revisiting the scene of the accident? I say deactivate it for a while or just stop signing on.

I had a disgustingly happy group of friends on facebook too. Needless to say I haven't been on facebook for almost a year and I am LOVING IT! So I come here and read sad relationship stories to make me feel better as I know I'm not alone in my struggles.

God that's sad! :)

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
This issue has been a sort of trigger for me for quite some time now. Until facebook came around I didn't know these people even existed. Now, my wife claims she feel this way about me, but has never raved or praised me in any way on FB. But I see all these women doing it and I can't help but wonder why my wife doesn't do it to. Then when I ask, she doesn't have an answer, just says that she feels that way but doesn't say it on FB. Ugg.

·
Banned
50 Posts
This issue has been a sort of trigger for me for quite some time now. Until facebook came around I didn't know these people even existed. Now, my wife claims she feel this way about me, but has never raved or praised me in any way on FB. But I see all these women doing it and I can't help but wonder why my wife doesn't do it to. Then when I ask, she doesn't have an answer, just says that she feels that way but doesn't say it on FB. Ugg.
Well, at least she's not saying it to an ex! Anyways, people that do that are annoying. And they're liars. Pay no mind!

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Well, damn it... now I have to watch my status updates to be sure I'm not one of your FB friends! :p

Seriously, tho, most of mine are all kid related and how much my daughter adores her teacher. I swear, I get called "Mrs XXXX" more than "mom" lately! :rofl:
All good, tho. Her teacher is awesome. :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
It annoys me too. The "honey dripping sweet peachey everything in my life is heavenly" people...yeah right! Why can't people be real?

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
It annoys me too. The "honey dripping sweet peachey everything in my life is heavenly" people...yeah right! Why can't people be real?
My sister alternates between "I'm in a good mood" posts and "I have a lot of thinking to do".... sometimes within the same 30 minutes!

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I used to feel the same way, but then I started looking at it differently. Obviously the people that are disgustingly fake about how great everything is, are annoying. But those that I think are genuinely happy and loving life, I kind of enjoy getting a small dose of optimism. There's so much negativity everywhere you look, and I know my natural tendency is towards "glass half empty" so I try to use that as inspiration to look on the bright side myself.

I don't update my FB very often, but I noticed when I feel most compelled to do it is when I want to vent or complain. So I made a promise to myself at the beginning of the year that I would not post anything negative, only positive stuff. Yea, that cut down on my posting, but it's nice to share the positives now and use the connections to lift people up rather than talk about all the things that are wrong with my life.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
350 Posts
My experience of FB is so different - must be the company I keep.
There's a sprinkling of cutesy posts and 'post this if you care' stuff but i always reply with 'nope, won't be coerced'.
Lots of postings about lost or mistreated dogs and rehoming them.
Lots from my radical sister(interesting but possibly borderline crazy) on whatever is shaking her tree at the moment.
And LOTS from my kids and their friends (adult) who I would probable never hear from much otherwise. We all live in different countries for a lot of the time.
I've never seen a posting about someone's wife or husband and if I did, I am sure that the responses would be so teasing and mocked, that they'd never do it again.
I try to make my postings funny and entertaining and I get lots of laughs from my friend's responses.

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
OMG I detest those letters. If I cared what your dog was doing I would ask.

Facebook is such a time suck. As is the internet in general.

·
Registered
879 Posts
What annoys me is one woman who shares every moment of her day. Every freakin' night she has a post that says "is tired!" and every morning she "is awake!" I like to share these with my husband. Annoying him makes me less annoyed with her. If I have to know when she wakes up, so does he dammit!

The insanely over the top lovey dovey ones make me feel like there's something going on. Like the husband has tried to put the moves on a friend so the wife is claiming her territory or something. Maybe I'm jaded. LOL
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
523 Posts
WOM - Be glad you don't have a wife who annoys her friends with half real/half fictional stories of how wonderful you are. Most of those people are just trying to convince themselves of their wonderful life or have such low self-esteem that they need validation from "friends" on facebook. Pure attention seeking, nothing else.

It doesn't mean that she doesn't feel it. In fact, she is so secure in her feelings for you that she doesn't feel the need to brag about you. Your awesomeness is just obvious. :)

·
Registered
879 Posts
@missmolly- Those posts are out of control. Yesterday I saw one that said, "Share if you love your grandma! Ignore if you want her to die!" That's intense.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.