Talk About Marriage banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My story is boring. Anyone looking for something really exciting might as well stop reading.

I'm serious.

I'm happily married and love my husband, my mom and my dog. I can't keep a job and at this point in my life working is off the table. I'm trying to improve my homemaking skills and find things that make me happy.

The political environment troubles me and I'd like to fix America but not sure how.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Do you enjoy cooking? I always cooked a little here and there but my GF and I both love finding new recipes and trying out new things now. I'm probably a better cook than most people but my GF is a damn wizard in the kitchen so I am trying to compete a little. I have pretty much perfected some fried rice recently though.

·
Registered
8,635 Posts
Why can you not work?

I do not mean to pry, but in order to help you become a better homemaker and find things to make you happy (not that you really asked) that might be useful information.

As for the politics, you seem to have already found that your side is right, and the other side is hellbent on burning the world down, so you are well on your way to happiness there.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you enjoy cooking? I always cooked a little here and there but my GF and I both love finding new recipes and trying out new things now. I'm probably a better cook than most people but my GF is a damn wizard in the kitchen so I am trying to compete a little. I have pretty much perfected some fried rice recently though.
I can't say I enjoy cooking but I'm pushing myself to do it more and it's empowering learning how to do more things well. I love decorating and gardening (especially gardening.)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why can you not work?

I do not mean to pry, but in order to help you become a better homemaker and find things to make you happy (not that you really asked) that might be useful information.

As for the politics, you seem to have already found that your side is right, and the other side is hellbent on burning the world down, so you are well on your way to happiness there.
Jobs haven't worked out for me. My husband likes me home anyway and I have an endless amount of projects he wants me to work on.

As for politics we can further discuss that on more fitting threads.

·
Registered
8,635 Posts
I think as long as you are doing the things he would like, and finding time for yourself, you are doing well. What kind of projects? I assume that finances are not an issue with you not working.

I love cooking, and I did not realize that until I started doing it more. The types of food, better quality and speed of preparation are all done with practice. One of the best things I did to learn how to cook was watch Chopped. I recommend that show to anyone that is looking into more ways to cook food. When each chef prepares the ingredients differently, it really gives you a notion on how many things you can do with the same food. It also highlights techniques and methods that I would not have thought of.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Try to engage yourself in new experiences. Try an activity you've never done before to get out of the routine rut of your usual pastimes. I believe, learning something new or working on a hobby can be an antidote to combating boredom.
I'm concentrating on cooking right now. My goal is to eventually have a household were I make everything from scratch. It's a long learning curve because I'm so use to buying stuff from packages. My husband really likes my cooking which is a huge plus.

Reactions: Angie?or…
1 - 18 of 18 Posts