Talk About Marriage banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
Well I agree. I think I need to serve him those divorce papers. Loved him alot but im quite fed up of this dynamic. I think im best off one week with my two kids and one week alone working on myself.
This may be a moot point once child protective services does an investigation. You may find yourself without custody of either of your children. I'm not saying this to be mean. I think you should consider that this might happen.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
This is what I thought of after. Maybe therapists will help us maybe not. But now i look like the crazie who lied about something that actually happened where I was the victim of assault, ( and guilty of threatening with knife) . I am seeing a lawyer tomorrow. I hope it resolves and if custody is in question, lets say he is not sorry, becomes worse, doesn’t want to work things out, or becomes violent again, his ex will surely back me up because I think she is already filing for sole custody after this incident. I may or may not have mentionned that his son witnessed many violent fights between my husband and the previous step mother, and the mother filed for custody twice but lost. Im not too sure how the system works, if domestic violence affects custody anyway...
Milly, I am sure there are centers for victims of abuse near where you live. That might be the best way to get the help you need or they may have the most appropriate contacts to help you. You may have PTSD due to the trauma and your handling of it. Do not give up on seeking therapy and or help.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I think I push people to be violent with me
This is a little piece of insight. You need to figure out why you push people in that way.

im sorry but for all of you saying i needed to shut up and be grateful
That's interesting. I don't think anyone really said that. You asked for help, people have been trying to help, and you start seeing them as attacking you. Think about that.

the 3 different therapists I consulted kept asking me open ended questions,
That's exactly what they should do. If three different therapists are all doing it, do you think all three are incompetent, or do you start to think maybe that's right?

blamed my childhood for all my issues,
I am guessing they are 100% right if they all said it

all while rushing me out when my hour was over.
What do you expect when your hour is over and the next person is in the waiting room? Seriously?
This is amazing how you have managed to make yourself see these three therapists as bad, when they are trying to help.
You have a big habit of finding ways to see everyone as an enemy.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Well I agree. I think I need to serve him those divorce papers. Loved him alot but im quite fed up of this dynamic. I think im best off one week with my two kids and one week alone working on myself.
Best.
Decision.
EVER.

Rid yourself of this POS as soon as you can legally do so.

Anyone who has to stoop to the low HE did - verbally abusing your child because he was mad at you - doesn't deserve a second chance.

He's a disrespectful, arrogant, emotionally ABUSIVE, physically ABUSIVE, verbally ABUSIVE, complete and total jerk-off. Rid yourself of this degenerate as soon as you can.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Thank you for all your answers. Today I am contacting the social service center in my area and I will speak to a social worker or psychologist for free. I opened up to a friend of mine who also has an older son and a baby from a new relationship and it turns out she almost killed herself and then found out about this help and she has been better. She also opted for daycare 1-2 days a week. I am just so unsure about my marriage now it’s as if I don’t know if the memories of the mistakes can make for a peaceful co existence but I will definetely get the books. Thanks again.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts