Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We argue and he breaks things, but this time I did break something. Divorce is for sure and I see I need help. I will get it but need advise on how to handle this situation. So, yes he pushes and slaps me around, so of course he did because I broke the TV. This time he included trying to drag my body along the carpet and out the door. He was drunk and it was 3 am. So, I really can not afford to leave at this minute and have transportation problems. I do not see him getting more abusive today, cuz he is asleep till going to work this evening.

He said when he gets up he is calling the cops to get me arrested for breaking the TV, which be had before we got married. I have no mark to show the cops of abuse.Hhe was doing the hits were to my head and not hard enough to bruise. (Apperently he has though about it and does not want to leave marks)
I am scared because I feel stuck, he took my debit card and says I will buy him a new tv. I just responded with I will give him mine (his was not even digital) I bought when I leave (because I knew I was wrong).
So, I am guilty of being a bad wife for sure and he is guilty too. I had to go threw him calling my mom at 3 am to leave a message that she needs to come get me and that my whole family will have to pay for these things. Then the verbal abuse of his hate for me and how I am a piece of ****. Knowing there was nothing I could do I just did nothing and said nothing else. I just felt if I reacted it would be worse. He never stops and just becomes rational when this happens and I am powerless at that point.I do not know what to do.
Before he has had his brother come and they bully me out of the house, I am afraid that will happen and since my family is far away...that leaves me walking down the road....with nothing but the clothes on my back...any advise?

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
If you hit him back you will go to jail.:(. I know it's sad, but in our state that's what happens. I'm not sure about the tv though. My ex h is abusive as well. I left the marriage after 2 years of that crap. I'm not quite sure why I stayed so long.

You need to exit this marriage. There is no reason why you should be putting up with this. I hope to God there is no children in the house. That would be really scary if there was.

I would pack up and leave ASAP. You can not change someone else's behavior, only your own. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
No physical belonging is worth your life. Worrying about your "stuff" will be irrelevant if your husband or worse, your husband and his brother decide to actively and truly harm you rather than bully you, to ensure you can't make a claim against the house/anything they see as your husbands.

Does your husband work? You mention him taking your credit cards, did he take your phone? The next time he goes out - goes to work, goes on a beer run, whatever, you need to call the local Domestic abuse hotline - you need to find yourself somewhere safe to go. Assuming that the abuse is over, assuming it won't escalate is a very dangerous "if" game.

Please, call and get some help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are no children just a poor little cat. Now there is the divorce factor and my belongings. He said I have to leave with nothing....but he was drunk so I am not sure if that sticks later. He said it is all his till I replace this TV. The information I see says hot to leave the house hold if you want anything. I feel like since I broke this TV maybe this will cause me to look as the abuser. I never called the cops on him for the things he broke or slapping around so...I think I will look guilty. I think maybe I am and am having a hard time with that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
He goes to work at 6pm tonight till 2am.
What sucks is he will not just leave his brother lives 5 minutes away for a couple days I could get eventhing in order to have a place to go. I just realize how stupid it must sound that I am mad this irrational person is not being rational. I have to admit he also said he would shoot me if I enter the bedroom and it seems like I am not taking that as serious as I should. I will call.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Holy cow, get the heck out of there!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.