Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
From the perspective of a BS I can provide a couple things to think about.

1) You are lucky to have each day your wife has not left you. Do not forget that ever and make it the first thing you think about every day.
2) The affair did not happen suddenly. The events prior and during did not happen over night. It will not come un-done over night.
3) The most powerful thing I have read on this site so far is the following post. In particular the parts about remorse and dealing with triggers. This alone will not fix what's happened, but if you don't deal with this in the correct way your BS will know.....
http://talkaboutmarriage.com/coping-infidelity/32002-welcome-tam-cwi-newbies-please-read.html

Being here is a good start, but is only a start and one step in what may be a long journey.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'm sorry about the pain you're going through now. You do sound very remorseful. I also had a long term cyber affair which I revealed to my husband about a month ago. I know the shame you must feel.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I'm sorry about the pain you're going through now. You do sound very remorseful. I also had a long term cyber affair which I revealed to my husband about a month ago. I know the shame you must feel.
Being remorseful is a key component in the process of reconciliation. But there is a huge difference in you and the OP, you confessed and he was caught. The BS will always wonder if the WS would have ended the affair on their own. The BS will wonder if WS is sorry for getting caught or sorry for the affair. OP has a long hard road ahead of him if his WS offers him reconciliation.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
483 Posts
Being remorseful is a key component in the process of reconciliation. But there is a huge difference in you and the OP, you confessed and he was caught. The BS will always wonder if the WS would have ended the affair on their own. The BS will wonder if WS is sorry for getting caught or sorry for the affair. OP has a long hard road ahead of him if his WS offers him reconciliation.
Posted via Mobile Device
That's true. I confessed because I wanted to. Only the OP knows if he feels guilt over the Cyber affair. My guess is he really does feel guilty.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.