1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I was talking to some kids at a local elementary school about floppy disks and they looked at me crazy. lol. I am feeling old and I'm not even that old.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol! Yeah or mention a vhs or cassette tape and get a wtf look... lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: Anonymous07

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
I remember keeping a quarter in my penny loafers (school uniform shoes) so I could call my mom from the payphone after school. :rofl:

Wtf is a pay phone?! I haven't seen one in years.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol or a wall phone.... remember those?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
OMG I loved my wall phone. It was in the kitchen and the chord was about 50 feet long :rofl:

Almost like a cordless, but not quite.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I used to get all excited back in elementary school when they would roll in the big tv on a stand with the vhs player below it. It meant we got to watch some video/movie! Now-a-days, all the classrooms have projectors hooked up to the computers. The kids now will never get to experience how exciting it was to see that darn tv come into the classroom. :rofl:

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
Yea, not all schools have those projectors to the computer things. My last school had a light switch and that was the extent of 'technology'. Albeit it was in the ghetto.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Yea, not all schools have those projectors to the computer things. My last school had a light switch and that was the extent of 'technology'. Albeit it was in the ghetto.
Really? Hmm, the school I worked at was in the ghetto and they had better stuff than some of the more rich areas.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Really? Hmm, the school I worked at was in the ghetto and they had better stuff than some of the more rich areas.
That's because it was "borrowed without permission" :p
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: Anonymous07

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jk lol
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
That's because it was "borrowed without permission" :p
Posted via Mobile Device
LOL. There were definitely some fishy things that had gone on there, but not to that extent. The low-income schools(ones in the ghetto) got a lot more funding than the other schools from more affluent areas. But when I'd see some little kid with a brand new iphone, who knows how they got that.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
My school had all state of the art stuff because it was burned down twice in three years :smthumbup:
We had computerised lathes, recording studio, kilns etc. in 1985 ha ha
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
I remember when the Trash 80 first came out and my high school had one the phone fit into this thing that is how it connected to other pcs

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.