Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My H is currently out in the bush working. I can contact him by phone or email. We are currently working on getting to know each other again. I want to send him some suggestive messages by email, but I really don't have a clue where to start or what to do if he doesn't respond. I'm a little apprehensive about doing it, don't know why. I want to start planting those seeds so that when he gets home in 5 days we are on the same page.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Why don't you just ask him if he'd like to flirt with you electronically? "Hey big guy, I just had a thought - I'm feeling a tad bit, you know, titillated, and thought it would be nice to share it with you. Would you like that?"

·
Registered
188 Posts
Does he appreciate humor? I might start out with something simple, like "what are you wearing?" and see where that takes you. Or use an inside (cue words between the 2 of you) reference to sex in a light fashion. If you haven't done this before and he's not expecting it, start small, then amp it up.

But I like Hope's approach too.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He's a guy. He lives on that page.
Not this man!!! No way no how. We have been living a virtually sexless marriage for a long time and we are starting to reconnect. I have sent a message in the past for example we bought a new bed. I sent him " shall we break that new bed in tonight!?!?" He deleted the message and never even acknowledged receiving it. When I asked him why he didn't RSVP as requested he said how am I supposed to reply??

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
What about a more direct approach then like:

"thinking about you right now and waiting for these 5 days to be over so we can be together"

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Not this man!!! No way no how. We have been living a virtually sexless marriage for a long time and we are starting to reconnect. I have sent a message in the past for example we bought a new bed. I sent him " shall we break that new bed in tonight!?!?" He deleted the message and never even acknowledged receiving it. When I asked him why he didn't RSVP as requested he said how am I supposed to reply??
Ok, well, that's just weird.

Sounds to me like you guys need to start reconnecting in other ways first.

Work on your relationship. The sex life will naturally follow.

Are you familiar with Gottman's 7 principles for making marriage work book?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Two Suggestions:

1. Make sure it is the correct number that you’re texting.
  2. If it’s a Company phone, not his personal one, I’d leave it strictly G-Rated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.