Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post....sorry if it isn't. I have been married 3 years. I had a child from a previous relationship when I met my husband. Since we've been married he's adopted my child, we've had 1 together, and 1 on the way.

Shortly after we married I noticed my husband would not listen to my feelings often invalidating me. He's accused me of things like trying to steal from the grocery store to attacking his FOO. Which are things I've never done and never will do. After several failed counseling attempts I decided that divorce was best. At the beginning of 2012 I filed for divorce. He was supposedly blind sided and hurt, even though I tried to speak to him about wanting a divorce in the past. After I filed I had second thoughts and wanted to try to work things out again. While trying to explain to him how I felt about him and our family, he accused me of being a sociopath, being a "hoover", and needing a psych evaluation. Eventually we agreeded to go to marriage counseling, which again failed. Over the summer the tried to tell me that my child that he adopted needed to go to theropy. I told him that wasn't going to happen and, when I said that he told me he wanted to sever the adoption. During the summer of 2012 we were supposed to mediate. I wanted to, but felt a little guilty, like I was giving up too easliy and letting my children down. He begged for us to get past our issuses and drop the divorce. I agreed.

A couple of weeks into our reconcilliation we made love and concieved the child I'm carrying now. When we found out we were pregnant he was angry. Accused me of trying to ruin his life, I knew he didn't want anymore children and so on. At that point I contacted my lawyer to see if it was too late to drop the divorce. It was, so I let it go, but I told him I had every intention of filing again, because I could finally see that things would never change.

Since filing again, for the last month, he's beem trying really hard, but I'm really skeptical of how long this is supposed to last. He tells me all the time that he wants to be a family, he doesn't want to loose me or the children. But I have some really hard issues I'm trying to get over. He has called me and my FOO cluster b's, all the negative traits the children have supposedly come from me, and I ruin all major holidays. I'm trying to move past these mean comments in the best way I know how, but I'm really struggling. I have lost all faith and trust in him, and have a lot of resentment towards him. Is there something worth saving?

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Is there something worth saving?
Not to be funny, but unless you like amusement park rides a heck of a lot, I'd say no.

He sounds like a very wishy washy individual. A little *off. I find it interesting he accuses everyone else of being that way. In a way, it sounds like projection.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
OP,

I am a bit concerned by the fact that a couple of counseling sessions have "failed"

What happened and when?

Have you tried IC?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Our counseling sessions faile becasue he says the therapist are gynocentric. He feels like they dont listen to him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.