Talk About Marriage banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,985 Posts
Am I wrong to put the blame on him? Am I over reacting?
The wrongness of lying is universal. As a web designer you know how easy it is to find information. Yet you CHOSE to lie.

Your husband gave you bad advice but you are SOLELY responsible for following it. From where I sit you are at fault not him.

Own up to your mistake. Correct your resume to be truthful & go get another job. Everybody & their brother is hiring these days.

· Registered
1,985 Posts
I know, I thought that he knew the process so I thought maybe in America it is different. I kept telling him that in France they would definitely verify it, so I kept asking him "are you sure?" but he was saying "they are not going to verify it especially because yours is from another country". Turns out, it's very common to have a bachelor from another country and background check can verify almost anywhere or simply ask you a copy of it...

This was definitely a lesson but now I don't have a job and I depend on him now. But I'm so mad at him and I can't forgive him and I don't know what to do.
It's almost 4 months later & you are now posting under a different name but at this point if you still don't have a job that is YOUR fault. If you fixed your resume so it was truthful & sent it out, you would have a job. Your skill set is in high demand.

It's not solely your husband's fault. Yes he gave you bad advice but even at the time you thought what he was saying was questionable, yet you did it anyway. That is on you. You didn't have listen to him. He didn't have a gun to your head. The bigger question now is why haven't YOU done anything to correct the situation?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.