Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I have to admit that I never thought you'd do it. But from everything you describe, I don't blame you one bit.

Does she know it's coming?

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Good for you. I just glanced through your old posts and saw one from 2011 where you said you wanted to file. I am SO SO glad you finally came to a decision!!!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have to admit that I never thought you'd do it. But from everything you describe, I don't blame you one bit.

She does. I told her a week ago I had talked with a lawyer and we'd probably be filing and giving her papers in a week or two.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Actually, I think the tough love from people on here saying things like that was the final impetus that pushed me to just do it and get it over with.

·
Premium Member
12,654 Posts
Beach,
You seem to have tried everything possible. I hope you can keep it amicable. I am confident you will find someone nice to partner with and will be amazed at what it is like to be with someone who loves you.

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
YAY!!!! :smthumbup:

Add me to the list of people who never thought you'd do it either but I'm so happy for you.

I have NO doubt you will find someone new to love and one day you'll look back and wonder why you waited so long. I'm saying a silent prayer for God to send you someone wonderful. You deserve it.

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
It's spiritual. We don't get the new until we're willing to let go of the old. I've seen this time and time again in my own life and the lives of people I've coached. It's when I (and them) have been willing to let it all go that we've been the most blessed.

Trust me this is true of all things including relationships. :)

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How is she handling it/what is her reaction?
I haven't given her the papers yet. I'm probably going to wait until Sunday afternoon. My parents are coming tonight for a visit so I don't want to get her all riled up until they leave.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I told her Saturday night that I had the papers for her and would give them to her Sunday and I did. I asked that she give me the signed sheet back by tomrrow night. Nothing seemed any different. She came to our bed around 5:30 this morning as usual (sleeps with our 10 y/o every night; grrrrr). We side-stepped each other in the kitchen this morning w/o saying a word, as usual.

I sent her an email after I got to work trying to ease her apprehensiveness some by telling her that what she was signing was no more than an acknowledgement that she was notified I filed for divorce and nothing more.

Be interesting to see how things are when I get home from work tonight. I'm thinking about stopping by a friends for a drink first to kill some time so I don't have to be around her that long before bedtime.

Rode around some with the 13 year old yesterday and drove by some rental places. Made me really wish I could move out now but I just can't support two households the way we are with our money. Once the divorce is final and we have our set incomes, I can manage a place on my own.

Man this feels SO weird. Didn't expect that.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update: She asked me one question before signing the form but alas, I found it on my dresser Wednesday morning signed. I dropped it off at the lawyers after work.

She did send me an email the other day saying she wished I'd reconsider and talked a little about how she's "stood by me" all these years with things that have gone on in our lives and family stuff. Interesting because I actually felt like she was never really there for me during those times. Funny how people view things differently.

You wouldn't know anything is any different at home by the way she acts though. I think she's in denial and believes this is all just going to go away.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.