Talk About Marriage banner
441 - 460 of 507 Posts

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
If his wife is cheating, I hope he finds the best cutthroat, female, hot as hell lawyer. Then frees himself from someone that could do that to him.
If she brought that cat around after HD discussed the toilet seat incident, she's stupid, got a set of balls bigger than the dildo found (if she were a guy), or both.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Male lawyer, female lawyer, who cares. Hire yourself the meanest shark in the tank with the reputation to match who specializes in men's rights in divorce. Tall, short, ugly as sin, beautiful as all the heavens, who cares. The most effective lawyer who is the best in the game, that's the one you want.

·
Premium Member
14,701 Posts
Well... sh-t... and here I thought it was likely one of his daughters sneaking in a boy.

88 minutes huh...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I came home a day early from a business trip about six weeks ago and found the toilet seat up in our upstairs guest bathroom. This may not be remarkable in most households, but I (51) live with my wife (44) and our 3 daughters (17, 15, 13). Living with four women means always putting the toilet seat down. It is an accommodation to their gender that I have fully embraced. We haven’t had houseguests since the Before Times, and no one really uses that bathroom except for overnight guests so finding the toilet seat up in an empty house in the middle of the day in the middle of the work week is, to put it mildly, odd. My daughters and their friends were still at school. My wife was still at work. I checked the doorbell video log, but no one had come in the house since everyone left around 7:15 that morning. This would bother me no matter what, but in the past year or so I’ve noticed some distance from my wife—like not being fully present in the evenings after dinner or in the bedroom and I can’t put my finger on it, but there is definitely a disturbance in the force. And she’s been on a slight-to-medium edge ever since I asked her about the toilet seat. Obviously I suspect there’s been another male in my house, but I have no idea when or why. I have no real reason to suspect she's cheating, but we are hitting our mid-lives and humans can be human so it is a possibility that is weighing on me. I found this website and I’ve been reading various threads looking for advice. She’s not guarding her phone, or traveling for work, or going out with the girls, or disappearing for hours at a time. The only red flag I’ve seen is the open toilet seat, and the only red flag I feel in my gut is her distance. But my gut is worried. Very worried. Am I worrying for nothing? Your advice would be appreciated.
You should have not confronted her yet. Now they will be more careful about leaving evidence. Your gut is right. Her behavior is feeding your gut feelings. Don't mention anything else to her. Start checking your bedsheets, smells of aftershave. As much as I hate to say this check the crotch area in her panties. Install nanny cameras and VARs around your house.If shes banging him there you will find out

·
Registered
12,642 Posts
Yup. This is how you do it. When I got divorced, I contacted a pretty young lawyer to work for me. In the end I didn't need her, but she was the one I was gonna go with.
I prefer a good lawyer/solicitor, the sex is immaterial.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Well, OP was on TAM 3 days ago, he's just lurking occasionally and not updating his thread.

Hmm....

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I was hoping this was going to be one of the few false alarms we get on TAM but when they don’t come back it’s usually bad. Many BHs are afraid to admit the depth of the betrayal or the story that they are trying to accept because they know the response they will receive on TAM. It’s sad because just when they need the help the most, they instead go the MC route, which ends up being such a disaster for most BHs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You should have not confronted her yet. Now they will be more careful about leaving evidence. Your gut is right. Her behavior is feeding your gut feelings. Don't mention anything else to her. Start checking your bedsheets, smells of aftershave. As much as I hate to say this check the crotch area in her panties. Install nanny cameras and VARs around your house.If shes banging him there you will find out
Really? Sniffing her panties? Hell, why not just slip a chastity belt on her when she's sleeping.... If it's THAT bad, just get a divorce. And hope the daughters don't find out that Dad is sneaking around videoing everyone in the house. Creepy.

·
Registered
558 Posts
What I find really creepy is people telling a husband with a gut feeling that his wife is betraying him that any action he takes to allay or confirm his fears is creepy, manipulative or excessive when it's anything short of shaking the truth out of the spouse. One can't help but wonder what these people have to hide from their spouses and what they have gotten away with because their spouses didn't take the time or put in the effort to thoroughly investigate their own gut feelings.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Hell AB, the OP's got everybody torqued up with the 88 minutes his old lady spent with the delivery guy. He need to come back an finish the story. Ghosting us now will be worse than David Chase did us in series finale of the Sopranos.

441 - 460 of 507 Posts