Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i'm new here but i wanted to say hello
i am having a problem, and i was wondering if anyone had any ideas for help. my wife and i have been married for 2 years now and we've had sex almost everynight. we've also gone through three miscarriages, financial struggles and i started the navy recently in the nuke program. anyway, a couple of weeks ago, we started to have sex and i lost my erection. it had never happened before with her, once before with an ex girlfriend, and it devastated her. the next night i thought i was ok and tried again, but i think because there was this big question as to whether i could keep it, i lost it again. this of course made her think something was wrong with her and that she wanted to leave and that i hated her. well, we were able to talk for the rest of the night and it seemed that we were fine. today it happened again. i was in the mood for sex and we went to the bedroom, but i lost it again. i don't know what's happening. i don't know why it's happening. it's breaking my heart to think that she doesn't know i love her still. i can't figure out what's wrong. i tried mentioning that maybe we should see someone, a doctor, or a counselor...somebody, but she said she didn't want to hear it, she was through and she was tired of me humiliating her over and over again. i'm completely torn apart right because i just want her to be happy, but all i seem to do is make her unhappy. and i don't know what else to do.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I would definently try to tell her again that it has nothing to do with her. That this could happen from any number of reasons from stress to a medical problem. I would suggest to her that you are going to see a doctor because you most definently are attracted to her and love and desire her so you don't know why this is happening but you are going to try to find out.
I can understand being a women how this might feel but I will say that I would have my husband go to the doctors to see what the problem is. Good luck to you I hope it all works out. I am sure it will.

·
Registered
30 Posts
your not alone with this problem , I have noticed recently that it is hard to keep an erection at times , and orgasim is a chore for me now , I used to be the 5 minute man , that has turned into a staggering 5 hour man , not to sure why this has happened either
I have numbness around my genital area at the " base " where I dont feel a thing , do you share this problem too ?

I suppose it's time to make a doc appointment :(

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
You have ED that is a physical and or a psychological problem.

Talk with your doctor about it it might be you just need to change what time of day/night you do it. Diet and finally medication.

Causes
Neurogenic Disorders (spinal cord and brain injuries, nerve disorders such as Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, multiple sclerosis, and stroke.
Mental disorders (clinical depression, schizophrenia, substance abuse, panic disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, personality disorders or traits.
Hormonal Disorders (pituitary gland tumor; low level of the hormone testosterone).
Arterial Disorders (peripheral vascular disease, hypertension; reduced blood flow to the penis).
Cavernosal Disorders (Peyronie's disease.
Nonphysical causes: psychological problems, negative feelings.
Surgery (radiation therapy, surgery of the colon, prostate, bladder, or rectum may damage the nerves and blood vessels involved in erection. Prostate and bladder cancer surgery often require removing tissue and nerves surrounding a tumor, which increases the risk for impotence.)
Aging.
Lifestyle: alcohol and drugs, obesity, cigarette smoking.
Other disorders.

Erectile dysfunction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

draconis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts