Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a man trapped in a marriage where my wife does not respect me. She does NOT care about how I feel about things. She just told me she doesn't care! She always sees the other person's point of view. She talks down to me! She belittles me! She lectures me! She makes me beg for sex and I only get it around once a month. But what hurts most, is, she doesn't care how I feel about things!

I am a stay at home dad. I have not had work in years. Tomorrow I go on an interview. What timing, right?

I can't take this disrespect! I am a fool if I continue to accept it. I need an escape plan! We have one child and she is around 12. So, I need to figure out what to do. No one really cares about my problems. I don't have anyone who will listen anymore.

I need some suggestions, especially from the men.
PLEASE HELP!

Perhaps I can start by sleeping in the basement from now on.

·
Registered
523 Posts
It's somewhat sexist but you rely on your wife for money.

You "beg" for sex and allow her to control your sex life.

You allow her to scare you out of your own bed.

What do you do that earns respect?

·
Banned
3,107 Posts
I can't take this disrespect! I am a fool if I continue to accept it.
Exactly. People will treat you the way you allow them to treat you. So you need to stop allowing your wife to treat you so poorly.

Structurally, you have some problems (like being unemployed) that are big hurdles to getting your wife to love and respect you. You need to address those first.

Then, you need a new attitude. You don't allow your wife to bully you into sleeping in the basement. And you stop begging for sex.

Go to Married Man Sex Life | How to have the marriage you thought you were going to have. By which I mean doing it like rabbits. and run the Mindful Attraction Plan (MAP). That will help to improve your situation.

Good luck.

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
ManOhMan2013;3445234 [B said:
I am a stay at home dad. I have not had work in years.
Tomorrow I go on an interview. [/B]
" The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
. Lao-tzu
Tomorrow is that first step ,
Keep Walking.

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
I am a man trapped in a marriage where my wife does not respect me. She does NOT care about how I feel about things. She just told me she doesn't care! She always sees the other person's point of view. She talks down to me! She belittles me! She lectures me! She makes me beg for sex and I only get it around once a month. But what hurts most, is, she doesn't care how I feel about things!

I am a stay at home dad. I have not had work in years. Tomorrow I go on an interview. What timing, right?

I can't take this disrespect! I am a fool if I continue to accept it. I need an escape plan! We have one child and she is around 12. So, I need to figure out what to do. No one really cares about my problems. I don't have anyone who will listen anymore.

I need some suggestions, especially from the men.
PLEASE HELP!

Perhaps I can start by sleeping in the basement from now on.
You've been enslaved. I'd get out and fast. You cannot correct it, it is her view point right or wrong. She does not want to take your side. If she did, she would.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Things will get better when you get a job. And find out exactly how old your child is. Have you been living under a bridge or something?
That's some funny sh1t right there :)

I find your post interesting though...I can almost feel the disrespect for him coming through...

·
Premium Member
3,968 Posts
Wow! Just wow. How did you get yourself in this position? When did you give up? You're not a lazy a$$ are you? Never mind, it doesn't matter. It's past time to get your man card back...

Don't ask! Don't beg! Don't look for a pat on the head anymore! DON'T SLEEP WITH ANYONE WHO DISRESPECTS YOU!!! (That goes for men and women) Get a set of ear plugs. She's not going to like it , if you follow through. But at least in the end she'll respect you or walk away. Either way you'll be better off. Make yourself the best man you can be. Start by reading these links, then formulate your plan.

No More Mr Nice Guy

http://talkaboutmarriage.com/mens-clubhouse/18181-man-up-nice-guy-reference.html

No More Mr. Nice Guy

Married Man Sex Life | How to have the marriage you thought you were going to have. By which I mean doing it like rabbits.

Ace that interview too!!!

·
Registered
606 Posts
get a job. any job. if you are a stay-at-home dad and not a work-at-home dad, what exactly are you doing all day while your 12 year old is at school, then at friends houses and after school activities?

Do you even want to stay married to this woman? If yes, read those books to turn it around. If not, it's time to bail.

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, I do work at home. However, my wife would tell you I don't work and she does it all. However, all you have to do is ask my child and she will tell you how much work I do here.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Listen, here is the list of things you need to do:
1) Get A Job!
2) Get A Job!
3) Did I say get a job?
4) find your balls and quit acting like a whinny little boy.
5) read the man up references
6) Start working on your physical health and find some men friends
7) Don't run away and hide from your wife by sleeping in another bed. But STOP begging for sex or sulking.

Either she'll start gaining respect for you and your relationship will improve or you will be in a good position to move on with your life.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I'm a WAHM so I know that you really are working while at home. If she resents that you "do nothing" then even if her start up is wildly successful and you won't have to work, she'll still resent you. Are you only staying in this for your daughter? Because you think she should have 2 parents in the home? You can try for full custody or at least have her half the time. If you want what is best for your daughter, you will leave this marriage. You are teaching her the worst lessons of all by growing up and witnessing such a dysfunctional marriage. It would kill you to see her in a situation like yours.

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
Wow! Just wow. How did you get yourself in this position? When did you give up? You're not a lazy a$$ are you? Never mind, it doesn't matter. It's past time to get your man card back...

Don't ask! Don't beg! Don't look for a pat on the head anymore! DON'T SLEEP WITH ANYONE WHO DISRESPECTS YOU!!! (That goes for men and women) Get a set of ear plugs. She's not going to like it , if you follow through. But at least in the end she'll respect you or walk away. Either way you'll be better off. Make yourself the best man you can be. Start by reading these links, then formulate your plan.

No More Mr Nice Guy

http://talkaboutmarriage.com/mens-clubhouse/18181-man-up-nice-guy-reference.html

No More Mr. Nice Guy

Married Man Sex Life | How to have the marriage you thought you were going to have. By which I mean doing it like rabbits.

Ace that interview too!!!
True man or woman! Sleeping with someone who doesn't respect you or undermines you will make you literally stupid...

·
Banned
1,809 Posts
She doesn't love you and never will again (if she ever did). Either do a 180 and deal with it or bail. Those are your only 2 options.

·
Registered
39,577 Posts
Should I sleep in another bed?
No, you should tell HER that if she's so unhappy, SHE can sleep in another bed, but you are the man of the house and you'll sleep in your own bed.

Then go read these three books, THIS WEEK: No More Mr Nice Guy, Married Man Sex Life Primer, and Hold On To Your N.U.T.S.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
A 12 year old is too old to have a stay at home parent, there isnt an excuse any more for you to be home. When you say you work at home, do you mean that you have a job earning income from home, or that keeping house is your job? Just curious.

You allowed this to happen. Get a job, and get your balls back. If she wants out, she can leave.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.