Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what is wrong with me but I have no sex drive at all. Sex seems like a waste of time to me. I am working and going to school full time. By the time I get everything done I need to do I am EXHAUSTED! My hubby has to beg me for sex and when we do have it I don't enjoy it. I don't know how to get in the mood anymore. We have been fighting a lot lately and I know this is the underlying issue. Please help...

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
was there ever a time that you did like sex? Would simply being less busy make you want more sex or are there other things?

·
Banned
8,908 Posts
Do you have time to get a divorce? Or deal with a cheating husband?

Does your husband help around the house? Do you need to work and go to school full time? How long has that been going on, and how long will it continue?

How's your marriage other than the sex? Do you have kids? When did things start feeling this way?

C

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have no choice not to work. I am the sole provider because my hubby has not been able to find full time work in 3 years. I am in the hardest part of my program and I am graduating in May.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I don't know what is wrong with me but I have no sex drive at all. Sex seems like a waste of time to me. I am working and going to school full time. By the time I get everything done I need to do I am EXHAUSTED! My hubby has to beg me for sex and when we do have it I don't enjoy it. I don't know how to get in the mood anymore. We have been fighting a lot lately and I know this is the underlying issue. Please help...
Why don't you enjoy it, are you thinking about all the things you could be doing instead of having sex?
Do you think of sex as a chore & that's why it's not enjoyable to you any more?

Make your marriage & therefore your husband your priority, take the time you need to reconnect with him.
If it's too stressful working & going to school, cut back on your class load, you will still get done with school & you will have less stress in your life.
Allow yourself to take a break, going & going & going isn't the sign of success, being able to balance your life is the sign of success.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have no choice not to work. I am the sole provider because my hubby has not been able to find full time work in 3 years. I am in the hardest part of my program and I am graduating in May.
Can't or won't, that could make a huge difference in your situation.
Three years is a very long time to go without a full time job.
Are you starting to feel resentment for paying all the bills?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I find it hard to believe that your husband can't find work in 3 years. Sure, maybe not in his given field of expertise, but he can't even go pump gas or wash dishes anywhere in 3 years?

I think that has a fair bit to do with this. I bet you'd find life a lot easier if you went to school and didn't have to work (or even worked part-time) while he got a job.

Your husband sounds more like a mooch.

Check out this thread:

http://talkaboutmarriage.com/sex-marriage/58268-somethings-up-aint-his-d-k.html

·
Registered
606 Posts
I don't know if you don't have time for sex or that you're not interested enough in sex to make time for it. Despite an incredibly crazy schedule, there IS time in the day or night. You find it for other things - a sick kid, grocery shopping, taking a shower, cooking. I know how you feel because for the longest time I was not interested in sex though I once was. Maybe it's because you resent your husband or for whatever reason, you are not interested. But if you wish you were interested and are not, one way that I got interested is reading steamy books like Cherise Sinclair. With all your work, I don't know how you'd find time to read a steamy book - maybe while you're in the bathroom. Maybe a short sex digest. Maybe sexy lingerie could make you interested. I know it's hard to get interested when you're not. Try for the sake of your marriage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.