Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my fiance have been together for 4 years. It has been good patches and a lot of rough patches. Tha thing is I've never met or spoken to his children mother's. I've been asking for years now to meet both of them it never happened. He has met my children's father on a few occasions. I ask tonight if children's mother's knew abt me or even knew we are engaged. He couldn't answer. My heart body & soul is attached to this man. I could not wrap my head around this. I need advice please馃挃

Premium Member
Did he cheat on his ex wife?
Does she maybe have bad things to say about him?

Maybe he is protecting her feelings, not yours.
.......................................................................................

If your relationship is otherwise good, drop this request.
Why this need in the first place?

Sounds like pain shopping to me.

Gwendolyn-

Premium Member
Have you met his kids? How old are the kids? Not really any need for you to have anything to do with his ex - depending on how old the kids are.

Registered
It is sweet of you to want to have a relationship with the mothers, but maybe he needs more time? This is probably a tricky thing to navigate and it is important to keep boundaries. Perhaps the mothers are actually the ones uncomfortable? This will happen in time!

I remember growing up, my mother stopped meeting my dad's "girlfriends" (they divorced when I was very young). He literally had a new one every other weekend. Really a disgusting man for so many reasons. BUT, the point is, maybe they feel like you need to put in more time before they working on a relationship with you?

Good luck!

Premium Member
Wait a minute, there's two ex's? Oh wow. That alone should give you pause. Being a step parent is hard enough with one ex to deal with, let alone two!

Registered
Could it be that maybe he lied about why the marriages ended and doesnt want you to find out the truth? Or he hasnt even told them about you, but surely the children would have told their mums? How old are the children?
Also, 4 years of being engaged is along time, what or who is delaying the marriage?How long were you together before the engagement?

Registered
Me and my fiance have been together for 4 years. It has been good patches and a lot of rough patches. Tha thing is I've never met or spoken to his children mother's. I've been asking for years now to meet both of them it never happened. He has met my children's father on a few occasions. I ask tonight if children's mother's knew abt me or even knew we are engaged. He couldn't answer. My heart body & soul is attached to this man. I could not wrap my head around this. I need advice please馃挃
How is it possible that the children's mother's don't know about you? His kids have to be at least 4 and older and they would have talked about it with their moms.

Do you live with your fianc茅?

Registered
I would never marry a man I haven't had a gander at the mother of his children, IF said children were minors he was co-parenting wirh.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts