Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I wrong to want flowers as an apology vs a fricken bag of donuts? Am I wrong to want a sincere apology and some damn flattery vs a pizza and a big fricken bottle of soda? Is it so wrong of me to want a poem, a picture, a card?

The guy asks people for romance advice, he asks me what would flatter me and he sticks to handing me food instead? Seriously? Then he acts shocked that I come to the conclusion that I must not be worth it or mean that much?

Yes im angry and venting. I am so ready to call it quits.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
158 Posts
No you are not a pig, and vent away. Sorry I don't know your story but I wanted to offer encouragement and I hope things get better for you. It sounds like he has a hard time listening to your needs.

·
Registered
606 Posts
sounds like there's a lot more to it and this is the final straw. if you think you should be calling it quits, then you probably should be. you wouldn't even think that if he was the love of your life who respects loves honors cherishes and listens to you.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He knows my love language and I know his. I have made an effort to express love in his love language more but he has barely made any fricken change. Btw he knows im trying to diet so the junk food feels more like an insult.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
93 Posts
I buy my wife snacks or treats that I know she likes sometimes for various reasons. I always do it because I love her. I am second guessing myself now but maybe your husband is doing this with good intentions.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Naw I am sure your doing good yellow. As isgirl stated, there is alot more to it then this and this just borders on being the straw to break the camels back.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am not doing it because I think you are a pig. That is my peace offering I know its kind of lame but its a start. I should find some gifts that are better. Yes I am going to get mad if my gifts are rejected. I did have to actully take time to make the food and effort to even get you to accept the food in the first place. I should have wrote a letter with the box of candy I bought to.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You rejected plenty of the food I made you... ACTUAL food that took more time to prepare and make then a box of pizza.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
sounds like there's a lot more to it and this is the final straw. if you think you should be calling it quits, then you probably should be. you wouldn't even think that if he was the love of your life who respects loves honors cherishes and listens to you.
Thanks for the post isgirl but I actually believe with all of my heart that he is the love of my life. He has his faults sure but so do I. We both have alot of work to do on ourselves.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You rejected plenty of the food I made you... ACTUAL food that took more time to prepare and make then a box of pizza.
Posted via Mobile Device
Well we had a long talk about this matter and of course.... His peace offering was......

A candy bar. In which ended up being thrown at his head. He laughed his butt off about that then presented a silly drawing done in crayon of a heart with our names followed by 4 ever. This was much more appreciated.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
812 Posts
You really sound like the fried chicken and gourmet cupcake type to me. ( kidding )

Tough one. Go buy yourself some flowers. You deserve it. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for the post isgirl but I actually believe with all of my heart that he is the love of my life. He has his faults sure but so do I. We both have alot of work to do on ourselves.
Posted via Mobile Device
Have you spelled it out to him? what you want I mean, what you'd like from him. Sometimes men just don't get it until we explain exactly and precisely what it is we want and need from them. If you have done that:

He might have been thinking " a pizza would be a great gift that I would like! so she'll like it too!!" not much more than that.

Sometimes they really do live on Mars :) and don't mean to come across as though they don't care. Most men care about the woman they are committed to, I've realized this especially after reading men's posts on this website, it's changed my point of view over how my husband really thinks. Men care much more than we sometimes think they do.

Please don't call it quits over pizza

And, if I don't receive flowers for a while, which does happen often, I go out and buy myself some :) I'll get an extra big expensive bunch :p

Once he bought me the cheapest nastiest bunch of flower, they were half wilted and died a couple of days later. But hey, it's the thought that counts right? LOL I made a little comment about how they didn't last very long, the next bunch he brought home was much much nicer and had sunflowers (my favorite) in it, he's actually put some thought into it.

ps: I'm a french cheese and wine girl myself, he knows I hate take out pizza.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pfft I aint buying myself jack. That defeats the purpose to me. I have a man with two arms, two legs, and a functioning brain. He can get off his butt and flatter me with something other then food every once in awhile. And ha ha to the food part. :p
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: Maricha75

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If I called it quits it sure as hell wouldnt be over pizza lol. Hmm I dont think I can get much clearer then... "Some flowers, poetry, or something would be nice!" He has actually have gotten me amazing gifts before but some random wildflower with some witty romantic line and a kiss would be exactly the kind of flattery I need from him... Especially lately.

I even said it here gate! :p
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: Maricha75

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
If you're dieting and he knows you're dieting and he offers you food as an apology, especially donuts and pizza and non-diet soda (assuming it wasn't) then something is very wrong there. It sounds like some kind of insecurity or sabotage issues are at play. I would not feel obliged to eat the food, if it was common knowledge that I was dieting he could eat it or I would just put it in the trash if nobody I knew wanted it. Then, yes, I'd expect reparation for the first apology that was due, and on top of that, an apology for not listening to the fact I was on a diet and/or trying to sabotage it.

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Come on Gaia, he's a guy. He's trying his best. Which is better than most do. Sometimes we have to be led by the nose a little. We give what we would like to receive. We're a little dense that way.

Now go give Gate a nice hug.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Well crap. So should I not give this to pidge Gaia?

Reactions: Kylie84
1 - 20 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.