Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
9,013 Posts
Here's some thoughts... Take a look at "The 5 Love Languages". Get her to take the questionnaire, or try to figure out her love language by really thinking of what she would want/need. And then go from there. It might be that what would blow her socks off would be a home-made dinner with candlelight and a sensual massage. It might be a day spent doing something she likes to do. Or it might be jewelry. We can't tell you that. But if you pick the wrong type of gift, the effect will be greatly diminished.

But what's your reason for missing the key dates in the first year? I can tell you that blowing things like that can be taken as a lack of consideration, respect, love... Take your pick.

C

· Banned
9,013 Posts
Well, she made me cake. I dont mind not getting a gift. I told her it is cool. I dont care gifts. Since i had sucky friends and family and may be i got 1 or 2 gifts in 30 years(i am 30), gifts lost its value to me.

Also i am going thru a rough patch, i had 2 car accident in past 6 months, paid $8000 out of my pocket and i got rubbed at the valentine`s day about $1000(the money was on me to fix the car), and 3 months ago i lost my job, couldnt find a job about a month and a half. i am just having thru a rough patch and i am sorry that she is tagging along with me thru all these.

All i want is to make her happy, but i also wanna think about our baby`s future.
Gifts don't have to cost money. Some of my favourite presents from my GF have been very inexpensive or free. The fact tat she spent time thinking of something I needed, or something she could do for me meant much more to me than something expensive.

C

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.