Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
I love camping too. Especially with my hubby. We're happy campers too!!!

I was just thinking this place needs more positive posts :smthumbup:

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Aww thats great to here oldgeezer. Good for you! :)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Administrator
48,107 Posts
I'm not camping. It's a figure of speech. W and I had a long and deep heart to heart. We still have many difficult things to go, but so far, the world is a MUCH brighter and happier place.
We know you are not camping.. people are being silly waiting for you to spill the beans..

Glad to hear something good happened.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SimplyAmorous pointed me to a thread about vulernabilities and how protecting yourself from being hurt leads to not loving and not being "love-able". Lyris posted about her experience with a husband who is like me, extremely protective of his internal struggles.

Although I was so scared I was shaky, I went for broke. When I got the wife home she had roses and chocolates on the bed waiting... and I told her all about why I had been so defensive and so reserved. And what it was that made me that way.

And she broke down and told me about some childhood experiences that had caused some actions that just burned me so bad I didn't want to be around.

No, life isn't going to be perfect, but for the first time in years, we're both hopeful and enthused about going forward. And she told me about the things that happened to her as a child that have caused her sexual hangups.

We've cleared the air about most things, have some to go that might be a bit rocky.

As I said in another thread... I'm going for broke. Going to be very good or very bad, but so far, wonderful. I still believe she's still the one I married... But, like me, was holding hurts and fears...

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
Sorry, that sounds a bit pompous or something. It's just nice to know someone is benefitting from something I posted in the same way that I've benefitted so much from others' posts.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Hope you're still going to hang around TAM, geez! We could use your input!

Maybe sometime in the FUTURE, Mrs. Geez would jump in, too! We can ALWAYS use more couples who are making a GOOD GO of it for inspiration AND for been there/done that real-life azz-kicking and telling it like it is!

[TAM-approved *hug*]

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hope you're still going to hang around TAM, geez! We could use your input!

Maybe sometime in the FUTURE, Mrs. Geez would jump in, too! We can ALWAYS use more couples who are making a GOOD GO of it for inspiration AND for been there/done that real-life azz-kicking and telling it like it is!

[TAM-approved *hug*]
Yeah, I'm not going away. But, for a couple weeks, I am extremely busy. Wife is having surgery and going to have only one working arm and a LOT of pain, so I'm going to be playing mr nurse Ratchett.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.