Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok wives..maybe im jus new at this..im 1 year and 3 months into my marriage. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the hubbs..but there is ONE THING about him that irks me TO THEE MAX! Ok so i tell him all the time about leaving his socks..pants etc in random places around the house..he will drink out of a cup n instead of washing it..go n grab another one n dirty that one to..he hates dishes(but he has done it a few times when i asked when i wasnt feeling well)..and he does clean when i ask him too..I dont want to sound like a nag or even get him to that point..jus wanna know HOW i can approach cleaning after himself more in a way he wont feel like its a chore? anything I should be doing to change his attitude on it..n this is jus to see what responses i get..im jus curious..and kinda need help LOL nothin serious..but it would be nice for him to help keep the house clean.. k thanks lol:D

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I have this issue with my H, too. The way I handled the dishes was I got rid of everything except two of everything. So we only have two cups, two spoons, two forks, etc. Except we do have about four plates and four bowls. There are very rarely dirty dishes.

My H will also clean if I ask him to so once a week I ask him to clean things like the kitchen and two of the bathrooms. I've just accepted that I'm going to have to ask him.

He leaves his shoes RIGHT in front of the front door so I trip on them every time. I used to ask him to move them constantly but that was getting on my nerves so then I started putting them at the very back of the entry closet, hoping the extra effort would entice him to move them out of my way. Nope. So i lost that battle as well. I've just come to accept that I'll have to push them out of my way.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have this issue with my H, too. The way I handled the dishes was I got rid of everything except two of everything. So we only have two cups, two spoons, two forks, etc. Except we do have about four plates and four bowls. There are very rarely dirty dishes.

My H will also clean if I ask him to so once a week I ask him to clean things like the kitchen and two of the bathrooms. I've just accepted that I'm going to have to ask him.

He leaves his shoes RIGHT in front of the front door so I trip on them every time. I used to ask him to move them constantly but that was getting on my nerves so then I started putting them at the very back of the entry closet, hoping the extra effort would entice him to move them out of my way. Nope. So i lost that battle as well. I've just come to accept that I'll have to push them out of my

way.
What sucks is why are the women the ones always having to "come to accept"!!' why can't ever make an adjustment n not b so sloppy! I will never understand!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
My husband is a neat freak. I always feel like I'm not good enough for him! LOL And I keep a clean house.

Although he likes to put everything away in the kitchen and I can NEVER find or reach anything. Like the toaster on the top shelf. HELLO!!! I USE THAT EVERY DAY! LOL!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.