Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm not sure what to think. So my husband is now saying he wants date nights with me but he still has this girlfriend. I'm extremely skeptical. He told me that he wanted to have date night but we always argue. I said if that was true he wouldn't keep banging this girl. I don't know if I should do it or just keep moving on. I'm so confused. I'm also very disappointed with how he's treating our kids in the midst of this. He pretty much blames my oldest for feeling hurt about some of the things he's doing. I don't know what to do. A very small part of me thinks this can be fixed but if he's still with this girl how would that work??
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
271 Posts
So apparently he wants his cake and eat it too? Is he out of his mind? He has to choose between the two of you..there is no other way.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
First reaction reading the title was a song automatically playing in my head they play at a club late at night when everyone is drunk. There is even a line dance they do to it. Booty Call.

My answer would be, "Haaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy-eeeeeeeellllllllllll NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Girlfriend or wife. Not both.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Wife or not...why would you hang out and be available whenever while ANY guy went back and forth to "make up his mind"? All that means is twice as much sex and half the commitment for him!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
59 Posts
I feel like my STBXH is in the same mindframe. He asked me last week if I would go on a trip with him, to the carribean, and we could fix things. I just responded that its not even an option while he has a girlfriend. It probably wouldn't be an option even if he did smarten up and lose the trash. Just think about if you were dating someone new and was being treated this way? Would you keep them around?

Mine came over earlier today to talk about some work stuff, ended up pulling me into a hug for himself. Any actions at this point from him trying to be flirty or reconsiling makes me incredibly uncomfortable. I'm trying to create the boundaries so we can continue in this "family" in a way that is healthy for our kids. But he keeps testing them. I almost feel like I'm dealing with a teenager or toddler.. ugghh

·
Registered
20,603 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Keep moving on girl. He is trying to have his cake and eat it to. Period!!!!!!!

Tell him to pound sand!!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
What I gather is that your H's is trying to set back the clock to pre-marriage days... he wants to date both of the women in his life to determine which one he wants. To go back to you or start afresh with the new woman. In my opinion once you get married, the clock starts there... its up to you if you wish to entertain this notion or not... if it would or would not compromise YOUR true self in entity, values and morals. Those have to remain whole and strong.

Make your decision from that....

best wishes...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am so confused. I'm thinking so much about how strong his relationship is with this other woman. A part of me still wants to save this marriage. I have to be honest with myself if I ever plan on making a decision and sticking to it regardless of what it is. When I think of our marriage being over I think of him and her. When he thinks of it he thinks of him and I, he's got me there. I'm working on myself but I'm still concerned with our marriage.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
A part of me still wants to save this marriage. Posted via Mobile Device
Why? Seriously ask yourself why you want to save it for yourself. Not the kids, or anyone else, but what do you get out of it. Kids are smart and will know if you are fakin g it, so you need to be in a marriage for yourself and your spouse. And you see how your husband is treating you. So ask your self, being brutally honest, why do you want to be married to him.

·
Registered
17,203 Posts
There is no mystery here. He wants tail and you have some. He is just selfish. This is demonstrated not only by his treatment of you but also of his own child. I doubt the relationship can be "fixed" and it certainly can't be fixed by you. Your husband sounds immature and selfish and these are issues only he can resolve.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts