Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that when we are at home on the weekend my husband cannot find a way to keep himself occupied? Sometimes I feel bad because I can sit down and read a book or just relax with the boys and he bounces off the walls if he is not constantly busy. Am I the only one that has this problem with their husband? I do have conversations with him and we do play boardgames and such but I mean I feel like I need to keep him occupied or something.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Don't worry, you are not alone. I go to the computer or sit down with a book, and he is falling asleep on the couch or just sitting there staring into space. We spend a lot of time together, and sometimes I just want a break to relax. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm one of those husbands. I have a lot of energy (especially since I finished college) and I always have 5 things going at once. My wife is smart about it and figured out that she can get me to make her be one of the things that I'm always busy taking care of. Don't know how she did it, but I sure like her.

Anyway, encourage your husband to take up a hobby...but then, when he's engaged in that hobby, don't go interrupting him when he's happily engaged. Let him get used to it, then pull back a little bit. You'll find a good balance.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I new a fellow like this, but he was obviously an adult with ADHD. Most fellows start slowing down as they age but if his need to stay busy means he's making you stay busy too, then you really need to have a talk with him.

Otherwise, I suggest you try to have your quiet time in a room where he isn't fussing about so that you are worn out by his activity!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well my husband is the same way. When he is at home he just can't find anything to keep him busy. He is always pacing and moaning how board he is. I always said if he ever retired and stayed home all the time I would be tempted to get a devoice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.