Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,503 Posts
I know this person. He was a best friend, ages ago.

He was really smart, a good talker. Too good.

He was a good talker, in fact that is all he ever did.

We tried to get him into sales, but he could not hold a job.

Like your husband, he felt he was too good for sales.

He was great to be around, and yes I 'and others' paid for him to be around.

We all drifted away from him, said we were 'busy', we cannot meet him anymore.

He managed to run through a number of women, until they too got his number.

He made it to his sixties, married one time. That women paid him alimony for a couple of years.

At the end, he got hooked on drugs, later died of starvation under a bridge somewhere in California.

That is what I was told by his brother.

I do not want you to pull the plug, I want you to tell him that if things do not improve, you will be forced to pull the plug.

You want a house, maybe children, a good life.
Presently, your husband is not 'willing' to help.

He is spoiled,never was taught discipline. Has no common sense.
.............................................................................................................................

Oh, I wanted to be a Philosophy Professor when I was young. I ended up being a 'mere' Engineer.
Working long hours, busted my tail, etc.

I grew up, this guy needs to grow up, also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply much appreciated, I know you are right. It is like having another teenager, I don't think he ever will grow up. I shouldn't let him walk all over me like this!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
He's a self entitled loser that is going nowhere....ever. I think your here on for confirmation. You know what you need to do. Have the courage.

Best of Luck !!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
It sounds like he has some money put away towards a house. Perhaps from his parents? Anyway why don't you ask him to give a portion of the earnings towards family costs (I imagine its invested or getting interest or sthg)

·
Registered
472 Posts
He's the embodiment of nearly every creative type I know. They are naturally passive. They need to have a fire under their butt to get moving. They need a boss.

He's also a dude, which means he probably bought into the notion that his employment level or income has little to do with your attraction towards him.

He needs a "holy sh*t" moment to wake him up and get momentum going in the right direction. You leaving will probably be it.

·
Registered
734 Posts
He is a freelancer graphic designer and he has done this since we met, however he only earns 2 or 3k a year.

He's from a middle class background and his mum has high expectations of him, so he refuses to do work which he deems as 'embarrassing'.
Wow. How do you (or how does he) reconcile these two statements???

To me, only making 2-3K a year and not doing anything about it is about as "embarrassing" as it gets.

·
Premium Member
13,503 Posts
In this Day and Age, in this World, a married couple needs two incomes.

The outcomes, the out goes, run rapidly downstream, downhill. Many strange hands reaching in, taking from your hard earned stash.

I see two hard working lovers, shoveling money into the family's treasure chest.

Life, real life, pulling the greenbacks out seemingly faster than you can shovel.

To counter this, requires toiling, being apart from each other, apart from each others arms and lips.

But not apart, away from each others dreams.

Dreams of a house in the country, having little children with beaming smiles hanging on for dear life... onto your skirt, onto one's pant leg.

He is not toiling, he is playing.
Not playing at house, no way.

That is a 'for sure'.

Read him the truth.
Read him the riot act.

Quietly, but assuredly....so.

TH-

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.