Talk About Marriage banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
It sounds like all you have to do is wait a while and the problem will solve itself.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I hope by now you’ve moved out and separate for filed for divorce. You should also require a life insurance policy in the divorce papers. He should carry a policy with you as the beneficiary. That’s the least he can do considering his mistress is alcohol.
I’m a recovered alcoholic (14 years) and also help people in Al Anon.
You can’t change him. Since he’s making you worried and he’s lying - there’s nothing to do but to leave him. He’s ruined what was once good.
Knowing when any relationship has ended is key. He killed this marriage and continues to kill it every time he drinks.

Since you can’t change him- and the situation makes you unhappy - divorce him.
Change comes from you.

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
@BNA2020,

Do not commingle your inheritance with other marital assets. Talk to a lawyer NOW to protect them from being considered marital property.

Reactions: Cynthia

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
@BNA2020,

Do not commingle your inheritance with other marital assets. Talk to a lawyer NOW to protect them from being considered marital property.
I hope by now you’ve moved out and separate for filed for divorce. You should also require a life insurance policy in the divorce papers. He should carry a policy with you as the beneficiary. That’s the least he can do considering his mistress is alcohol.
I’m a recovered alcoholic (14 years) and also help people in Al Anon.
You can’t change him. Since he’s making you worried and he’s lying - there’s nothing to do but to leave him. He’s ruined what was once good.
Knowing when any relationship has ended is key. He killed this marriage and continues to kill it every time he drinks.

Since you can’t change him- and the situation makes you unhappy - divorce him.
Change comes from you.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Ambien is very addictive. It also makes a person lose time.
One gal I was in rehab with - she was in for Ambien… she said there was two weeks she didn’t remember and her brother had come over to take care of her those two weeks.
She didn’t even know he was there.

Did you move out yet?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts