Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found out through FB when my husband was still logged in to his account on my laptop that he was having an affair. A message popped up so I read it. "I've never been this happy in my entire life" he says. "I love you and will forever." "I'll call you and text you as soon as I can." etc. etc. We were in another state on a trip with our son when I found this message. Not a pleasant trip. I confronted, he didn't admit it (he didn't have to). When we arrived home he told me he wanted a divorce and he left right then to be with her and he has been with her ever since. That was in April. I filed for divorce in May and go to court soon to finalize.

Our son is four years old. He is doing much better than he was initially. I have made myself exhausted trying to make sure my son knows how much his dad loves him (since he isn't around like he used to be) and that his dad misses him when he isn't there as well as keeping my STBXH informed of important dates for our son so he doesn't miss anything like parties at his school, programs, etc.

I am still extremely hurt, devastated, distraught, mortified, angry, betrayed, you name it. I still cry about it when our son goes to bed. I take it out on others (not our son). I just feel like I walk around depressed and dreading everything. It's so hard being in the house we lived in together just as we were while he is out living it up with his new (11 years younger than both of us) girlfriend.

He didn't even try to see our son on Thanksgiving. THAT was a depressing day for me. We are usually surrounded by family and after a short meal with some of my family; I spent most of the day home with our son. He brought the OW to his families (my soon to be ex-family). The only reason I know this is because she posted it on his mother's FB page thanking her for the day. And her profile picture is a picture of her and my husband. Can you not WAIT until we are divorced?? So disgusting! My mom happens to be "friends" with his mom on FB still and I had no idea. My mom was showing me another friend's pictures when I saw that post. Why does that bother me so much!? I don't want it to! FB is evil I tell you! I was having a fairly good day until I saw that.

I just can't seem to stop feeling sorry for myself and being sad about my son not growing up with an intact family. I can't get past this and I really want to. It's debilitating. I eat right, take care of myself, work out, etc. etc. but I am still just in a funk that I can't seem to come out of. THANK GOD for our son because when I am with him there is nothing in the world that could make me sad. But when he goes to bed at night or when I am at work I just can't get it together. I'm depressed.

Will I ever understand why?? I sure won't ever find out from my STBXH. He still has yet to admit anything. It's so hard watching him leave knowing where he is going. It's hard being nice to him. It's hard having to see him. I am sure they are ready to celebrate the best New Year’s Eve ever when he is divorced and done with me. Mutual friends have abandoned me which didn't help my self-esteem one bit. The ex-family doesn't even acknowledge our son! It's so sad and depressing and I just can't get past how this man I was with for so long could do this to me. How'd I become the bad guy in all this? I guess I will never understand. I just don't want to care anymore and I do. I hate that I still love him.

I guess I just needed to vent. I know there is no answer - or maybe there is - but I don't think I will ever know. My STBXH was never a communicator. I know I deserve better but I still can't seem to get over it. Maybe I just need some encouragement or some advice on how to get past it. I really don't know what I need. :( It just sucks that I am the only one (because he clearly isn’t) mourning the divorce and loss of a spouse.

·
Registered
858 Posts
What a sleazeball. Of course any man who cheats on his wife is and vice versa. "I've never been this happy in my entire life" & "I love you and will forever" is something I would expect a 16 yr old to say.

He's not using his brain to think here. Trust me.

I feel like I'm the only one mourning the loss of my marriage as well. I'm glad my ex can run around with her new boyfriend on a new honeymoon romance and shrug off any vows or commitments she made and be happy while I suffer through this misery. So excited I can be of use at the bottom of her shoe.

That by the way is sarcasm. :D

·
Banned
2,203 Posts
Your story hits home with me. I have a three year old girl and a six year old boy who I love more than anything. I do not think we'll ever find the answer as to why. The whole idea of being a single father is frightning to me. My ex shows no remorse and seems happy to be free of us "the family".

I will say this. You and I both deserve someone who understands and appreciates what family is. My wife is too selfish and I expect your hubby is the same. Their needs first then everyone else. Blame someone else for their abhorrent behavior.

However, there are people like us out there; we just have to find on another. So chin up try to be happy and be the best Mommy you can be.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
im sorry, but it does get better with time. I also have a 4yr old son and an exh who cheated, i filed for divorce the day he left us for the OW (13 yrs younger). I have been divorced since may and still have my occasional down days but for the most part, im actually happier than when we were togther.. You may never find out the why's but at this point focus and yourself and son. There is also nothing wrong with seeing your dr about antidepressants if you need them, helped me thru the hardest times.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you SO much to each of you that responded. Each of your responses have helped me. I am so tired of crying and letting them get the best of me. I'm sorry for each of your struggles as well. I just don't want to hurt anymore.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
{{{HUGS}}} Sorry you are going through this. The holidays are particularly hard. Don't let this destroy you. In your heart, you know you deserve much better than this. The OW is getting what she so richly deserves--she is getting an unfaithful husband.

I cannot understand why the in-laws are condoning such behavior out of their son. Furthermore, I can't see how your mother can remain friends with these folks. That baffles me.

·
Banned
2,203 Posts
It has been two months ago today when I discovered the EA/PA. It still hurts. Probably will remain a scar on my heart forever. Just accept that there are some things that cannot be changed or fixed. Focus on you and your son and things will slowly get better.
So sorry you had to join the TAM club.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
What a sleazeball. Of course any man who cheats on his wife is and vice versa. "I've never been this happy in my entire life" & "I love you and will forever" is something I would expect a 16 yr old to say.

He's not using his brain to think here. Trust me.

I feel like I'm the only one mourning the loss of my marriage as well. I'm glad my ex can run around with her new boyfriend on a new honeymoon romance and shrug off any vows or commitments she made and be happy while I suffer through this misery. So excited I can be of use at the bottom of her shoe.

That by the way is sarcasm. :D

yea thats how i feel , it's insane.
she just rang me up before to see if i wanted to buy her friends air con. as if i'm just anyone else.
they're running round town meeting for coffees and drp[ ins , going to movies , having a great old time lifes just f'n fantastic it seems. she's shopping with new guy , it's f'h surreal.
2 mths ago she moved out , after 18yrs together .
can not get my head around them all acting like that.
although she did say the other day , l haven;t even mourned you and me yet - doesn't seem to b stopping her though.
l need a yr or two now , l don't feel like ANYTHING!

SURELY , acting like that so soon has to catch up with them later , surely.
the self centered friends i can sort of understand but not the rest.

·
Registered
694 Posts
i found out through fb when my husband was still logged in to his account on my laptop that he was having an affair. what a lowlife a message popped up so i read it. "i've never been this happy in my entire life" he says. "i love you and will forever." "i'll call you and text you as soon as i can." etc. Etc. We were in another state on a trip with our son when i found this message. Not a pleasant trip. I confronted, he didn't admit it (he didn't have to). When we arrived home he told me he wanted a divorce and he left right then to be with her and he has been with her ever since. That was in april. I filed for divorce in may and go to court soon to finalize.

Our son is four years old. He is doing much better than he was initially. I have made myself exhausted trying to make sure my son knows how much his dad loves him (since he isn't around like he used to be) and that his dad misses him when he isn't there as well as keeping my stbxh informed of important dates for our son so he doesn't miss anything like parties at his school, programs, etc.

I am still extremely hurt, devastated, distraught, mortified, angry, betrayed, you name it. I still cry about it when our son goes to bed. I take it out on others (not our son). I just feel like i walk around depressed and dreading everything. It's so hard being in the house we lived in together just as we were while he is out living it up with his new (11 years younger than both of us) girlfriend.

He didn't even try to see our son on thanksgiving. That was a depressing day for me. We are usually surrounded by family and after a short meal with some of my family; i spent most of the day home with our son. He brought the ow to his families (my soon to be ex-family). The only reason i know this is because she posted it on his mother's fb page thanking her for the day. And her profile picture is a picture of her and my husband. Can you not wait until we are divorced?? So disgusting! My mom happens to be "friends" with his mom on fb still and i had no idea. My mom was showing me another friend's pictures when i saw that post. Why does that bother me so much!? I don't want it to! Fb is evil i tell you! I was having a fairly good day until i saw that.

I just can't seem to stop feeling sorry for myself and being sad about my son not growing up with an intact family. I can't get past this and i really want to. It's debilitating. I eat right, take care of myself, work out, etc. Etc. But i am still just in a funk that i can't seem to come out of. Thank god for our son because when i am with him there is nothing in the world that could make me sad. But when he goes to bed at night or when i am at work i just can't get it together. I'm depressed. i cry at night sometime too, but its getting less over time. My heart breaks mostly for my little boy - another product of a broken family, just like my stbxh is

will i ever understand why?? probably not. There is really no why. Hes a selfish a** its about him probably not you. i sure won't ever find out from my stbxh. He still has yet to admit anything. coward it's so hard watching him leave knowing where he is going. It's hard being nice to him. It's hard having to see him. I am sure they are ready to celebrate the best new year’s eve ever when he is divorced and done with me. Mutual friends have abandoned me which didn't help my self-esteem one bit. just about all of our mutual friends from the past 13 yrs have abandoned me too. This i cannot understand. I thought they were my friends. All i can say is you really do find out who your friends are in times like this, to me it was a sign to move ahead and make my own new set of friends which i am slowly doing. the ex-family doesn't even acknowledge our son! they are probably as sick in the head as your ex it's so sad and depressing and i just can't get past how this man i was with for so long could do this to me. How'd i become the bad guy in all this? I guess i will never understand. I just don't want to care anymore and i do. I hate that i still love him.

I guess i just needed to vent. I know there is no answer - or maybe there is - but i don't think i will ever know. My stbxh was never a communicator. I know i deserve better but i still can't seem to get over it. Maybe i just need some encouragement or some advice on how to get past it. I really don't know what i need. :( it just sucks that i am the only one (because he clearly isn’t) mourning the divorce and loss of a spouse.
you will get past it in time. You will never forget what he did but you will move to a place in yourself where you are ok

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
{{{HUGS}}} Sorry you are going through this. The holidays are particularly hard. Don't let this destroy you. In your heart, you know you deserve much better than this. The OW is getting what she so richly deserves--she is getting an unfaithful husband.

I cannot understand why the in-laws are condoning such behavior out of their son. Furthermore, I can't see how your mother can remain friends with these folks. That baffles me.
Everyone in his family is with someone other than the person they were married to first. Every single one of them! I'll be the first in my family to divorce. :( Clearly we have a different set of values.

My mom is FB "friends" with her. Honestly it's probably because my mom just wants to see what she's up to. My mom is just as disgusted as I. The day I filed for divorce his mom deleted me on FB. Guess she didn't want to see pictures of her grandson anymore because that's pretty much all I share on there. Her page is loaded with pictures and posts of her other grandchildren (all out of wedlock and from different women (my brother in laws kids + a step one). Ugh!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Brokenbythis - sorry for what you are going through. I'll never understand why the mutual friends made ME out to be the bad guy just as his family did. But then again, Lord only knows what he's told them!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
485 Posts
meri....
Im sorry you are hurting.

Dont let one man and his willy determine your happiness darling girl.

You and your son are worth more dont you think?

Time to get on with letting him go.

huggs

love and peace

·
Registered
93 Posts
Don't bother trying to figure out why, cheating was his decision and not your fault. Look to the future. As for your son, just focus on loving him, don't talk bad about his dad to him, but only promote him to soothe your little guy's questions. It's the jerk-face's responsibilty to tell his son he loves him, not yours.

·
Administrator
47,276 Posts
Why? because like all marriages yours had a few cracks. They might not have been big. Or they might have been big. But instead of working on keeping a healthy marriage he chose to cheat.

It's him. He is a seriously flawed person.

His relationship with the OW will most likely fail. Then he will move on to the next one that will fail. That's him.

Why not go to a doctor and get some meds to get yourself over this hump? It's been months now.. you need the help. You son needs you to get to a better place.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Everyone in his family is with someone other than the person they were married to first. Every single one of them! I'll be the first in my family to divorce. :( Clearly we have a different set of values.
Well all relationships eventually leave the honeymoon phase and hit bumps in the road. Its the couples who work through these low points and build a stronger connection to each other who become more intimate and ultimately end up happier. The type of people who just run when the going gets tough will do so many times in their lives and never really make a connection to anyone. Usually they end up being/feeling all alone and full of regrets.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts

Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, my STBXW has several people in her family divorced...one is divorcing now because of her infidelity...shocker. I am not the first in my family, my parents did after 30 years of a miserable marriage. But i wanted to work on our "cracks", she wants to run away. Its not your fault....its his..dont reflect this back on you.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
get off FB, no good can come of it

I defriended him after he posted about his girlfriend being his soulmate. He had the cheek to ask why I'd done it

It will get better but it's hard when you don't know why - I still don't but have managed to move on. Look after yourself and your kid now, you can't waste time wondering - his new relationship will go the same way, sounds like he's a 'cut and run' person

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.