Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What "special" message would be in the card for your wayward wife?
(or OW for the gals?)

I pinched these from a couple of TAM regulars:

Looking for Mothers Day cards is pretty tough.

I cannot find any "You're a shi**y wife and OK mother" cards.

I guess I'll go with the funny ones.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm looking for one in a similar vein, maybe reads,
"D and I were going to make you breakfast in bed but the guards wouldn't allow it."
Not making light of infidelity - humor is one just way we cope.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I am obligated to get you a card for the kids sake....here it is.

or

Happy Mother's Day! Let's keep the chirade alive for the kids another year!

or

For all the times you put yourself ahead of the kids and our family, Happy Mother's Day!

or

Until the kids are old enough to know who you really are, Happy Mother's Day.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Well, as she is not your mother, the card is not from you, it is from your children. Therefore it should be an expression of love from the children to their mother and nothing else.

Other than perhaps stumping up the money and taking them to pick it out if they are not old enough to do it themselves, there should be no input from you at all.

Reactions: Awakening2012

·
Banned
2,203 Posts
Well, as she is not your mother, the card is not from you, it is from your children. Therefore it should be an expression of love from the children to their mother and nothing else.

Other than perhaps stumping up the money and taking them to pick it out if they are not old enough to do it themselves, there should be no input from you at all.
I didn't get this one. Was this funny?

·
Registered
16,580 Posts

Happy Mother's Day, M'Dear!! Wishing You Only the Very Best In Your Most Endearing Way of Dealing With All of Those Sordid "In and Out" Moments of Everyday Life!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

hu·mor n.

1. The quality that makes something laughable or amusing; funniness.
2. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
3. The ability to perceive, enjoy, or express what is amusing, comical, incongruous, or absurd.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lova ya, OT, so how about you get this moved to the Social Spot forum?

Please and thank you...... :)
How do I do that?

·
Registered
594 Posts
I didn't get this one. Was this funny?
Um, no, it wasn't meant to be. Why would you buy your wife a Mother's Day card from you? Clue's in the title. You would buy your MOTHER a Mother's Day card.

Your wife's card is from the children. You only need to get involved if they are not old enough to do it themselves. I was pretty clear.

It's pretty disgusting of someone to use the kids to get at their wife.

Reactions: Hortensia

·
Registered
594 Posts
hu·mor n.

1. The quality that makes something laughable or amusing; funniness.
2. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
3. The ability to perceive, enjoy, or express what is amusing, comical, incongruous, or absurd.

So far I haven't laughed.

·
Banned
1,342 Posts
Um, no, it wasn't meant to be. Why would you buy your wife a Mother's Day card from you? Clue's in the title. You would buy your MOTHER a Mother's Day card.

Your wife's card is from the children. You only need to get involved if they are not old enough to do it themselves. I was pretty clear.

I've always bought my wife a mothers day card, because she's the mother of my children... and nobody is suggesting you actually send these cards, relax....

Mine would say..

Happy Mothers Day.. You Mother....

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lighten up.

You've never seen the Greeting Card section at a big retail store? It always has a category "Happy Mother's Day From Husband".

I routinely got my stbxw a Mother's Day card. No - she wasn't my mother, but she is a mother to my children and I wanted to recognize her on her special day.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Lighten up.

You've never seen the Greeting Card section at a big retail store? It always has a category "Happy Mother's Day From Husband".

I routinely got my stbxw a Mother's Day card. No - she wasn't my mother, but she is a mother to my children and I wanted to recognize her on her special day.

No, I've never seen that. I still don't get it. Must be an American thing. Do you get them for your cat as well?

·
Banned
2,203 Posts

You do realize this is one big joke, don't you?

I figured OT definition of humor would be the cue.

Definitely starting to worry me. :slap:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.