Talk About Marriage banner

5361 - 5380 of 5458 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,441 Posts
Thank you for explaining.

Discipline can be so hard. 😔

Sometimes, I spend the whole day talking myself out of a 30 minute workout. 😂

@minimalME Lol, it’s because when I say to myself that I’m going to work out, I should already know that I’m not. So I’m ‘clowning’ (lying to) myself. I did that last night. I said I’m going to be all gung ho today and hit the treadmill right when I got up. But guess what I’m doing? Laying here on my dead ass. 🥴

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
@minimalME I do the same thing! Even knowing that if I do it first thing in the morning, my day will feel so much better. But that piece of pumpkin pie was just screaming my name instead. Then I felt full. Then tired. Then interested in what was going on here... and now it’s late and I can’t move and I can’t tear myself away from Facebook and everywhere else. I’m trying but ugh.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Thank you for explaining.

Discipline can be so hard. 😔

Sometimes, I spend the whole day talking myself out of a 30 minute workout. 😂
The only thing that works well for me is to join a class, which I did two months ago at our 55+ community clubhouse. Usually there are only three of us plus the instructor, so we can do it safely. I couldn't make myself do this on my own.

·
Premium Member
6,441 Posts
I did classes a couple of years ago, and they were fine. At the time, it was what I needed.

But, it's hard for me to spend the money when I know there are endless workouts on youtube - and I prefer to do them alone anyway.

I do well if my day is straightforward, but if the slightest thing messes with my schedule, I'm done. 😬

The only thing that works well for me is to join a class, which I did two months ago at our 55+ community clubhouse. Usually there are only three of us plus the instructor, so we can do it safely. I couldn't make myself do this on my own.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
@minimalME I do the same thing! Even knowing that if I do it first thing in the morning, my day will feel so much better. But that piece of pumpkin pie was just screaming my name instead. Then I felt full. Then tired. Then interested in what was going on here... and now it’s late and I can’t move and I can’t tear myself away from Facebook and everywhere else. I’m trying but ugh.
You and @minimalME should do YOGA!!!! I'm telling you, I hate exercise, but I LOVE it - I do at least 10-15 minutes a day (of vinyasa yoga, which is more movement), and I actually try to fit it in to my day because it makes me feel SO good!!!
It's like, a little strength/flexibility/meditation all at the same time!

·
Premium Member
6,441 Posts
Yes! I do yoga before breakfast for strength and balance. I do love it - much better than cardio. But I also need the aerobic workout for circulation and weight control. 😌

You and @minimalME should do YOGA!!!! I'm telling you, I hate exercise, but I LOVE it - I do at least 10-15 minutes a day (of vinyasa yoga, which is more movement), and I actually try to fit it in to my day because it makes me feel SO good!!!
It's like, a little strength/flexibility/meditation all at the same time!

5361 - 5380 of 5458 Posts